Easy Dinner

Options
Hi! I am in charge of making dinner for my boyfriend on Friday and I'm terrified. Any easy good recipes would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Any recipe you're already familiar with.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Grilled ribeye, roasted potatoes, sauteed veggies of some kind...I'd do asparagus, but I love asparagus...
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork is very easily cooked in a crockpot. I use the Campbells Southern Barbecue sauce, but any kind of barbecue sauce works. Or put a pork roast in the oven and cook for an hour. Not as tender, but easy and low calorie. Add baked potatoes and a veg. Chili, spaghetti, etc. are easy and can be made the night before. Barbecue chicken is super easy. Serve with rice and a vegetable. Fajitas are easy and quick.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do a simple pasta! Some seafood, lemon, salt and pepper and cherry tomatoes with herbs or something :)

• LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers stuffed with a spicy mince and topped with cheese, rousted in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, spaghetti, baked ziti, chicken fried rice, baked or grilled chicken breasts, hamburgers, meatloaf, tacos, breakfast for dinner
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Grilled ribeye, roasted potatoes, sauteed veggies of some kind...I'd do asparagus, but I love asparagus...

This sounds easy and safe. You could substitute other meats and veggies if these aren't to your/his taste. Grilled pork chops, roasted cauliflower, sauteed collard greens. Grilled salmon, roasted carrots, sauteed sweet potatoes. Etc.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Look up easy 5 ingredient crock pot recipes. They are a God send. Good luck!
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tacos
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    One word - allrecipes.com

Or is that two words? Or 3?

They have GREAT recipes. Always read the comments - that's where they fix any problems the recipes may have.

My first time cooking for a man, I told him I made awesome lasagna. Then I called my mother and asked her how to make lasagna since I'd never made it in my life! :D Turns out I do, actually, make awesome lasagna. :)
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This one is always a crowd pleaser and it's foolproof. :-)

Ingredients

Patties:
    1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1/4 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chips (about 3/4 ounce) ( we use breadcrumbs in a pinch)
    2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
    1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
    1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 large egg white
    1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil

Spread:
    1/4 cup mashed peeled avocado (we use the whole avocado because YUM!)
    2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato
    1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
    2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
    1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    Remaining ingredients:
    2 (6-inch) pitas, each cut in half crosswise
    4 thin red onion slices, separated into rings
    Microgreens

How to Make It

Step 1
    To prepare patties, place pinto beans in a medium bowl; partially mash with a fork. Add cheese and next 5 ingredients (through egg white); stir until well combined. Shape bean mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) oval patties.

Step 2
    Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until patties are browned and thoroughly heated.

Step 3
    To prepare spread, combine avocado and next 5 ingredients (through salt), stirring well. Place 1 patty in each pita half. Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado spread over patty in each pita half; top with onions and greens.

Nutritional Information
    Calories 281 Calories from fat 30% Fat 9.5g Satfat 3.4g Monofat 3.9g Polyfat 1.5g Protein 12.2g Carbohydrate 37.4g Fiber 5.9g Cholesterol 13mg Iron 2.4mg Sodium 625mg Calcium 188mg
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'd do a roast in the crockpot. Get a rump roast, add in potatoes, carrots and onion. Mix water with 1 packet dried ranch, 1 packet dried Italian mix and 1 packet dry brown gravy packet and throw it in the crockpot. I don't measure the water, but maybe about 3 cups worth. Cook for 6-7 hours on low or 5ish hours on high (when you put your fork in the roast and can shred it easily it's done). Add in some warm bread and you're set. Plus the leftovers are even better the next day!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Roast or beef stew are good options that can be made in the crock pot.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Okay....I will say it since no one else will: Peanut Butter and Jelly! :wink: Just throw some bacon on it for the boy friend and you will be golden! LOL!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Do you know what his favorite meal is? And, **NOT** something that his mom or Grandma make all the time. Or, you could go the other route (and this is the route that I would take - for the record): what is your favorite meal? Cook that!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing I cooked for my dh was a frozen burrito. It didn't seem to have changed his opinion about me. Don't be terrified and just make food you think you both will like.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I guess I wasn't really offering a food suggestion, and it may not be diet-friendly, but pasta was always my go-to date meal. Get jarred sauce (Ragu, etc.) and add a little basil/parsley/oregano while it's heating. If you're using red sauce, add frozen Italian style meatballs - they're fully cooked and you can toss them in the sauce to thaw and heat while the sauce simmers. If you're using white sauce, add those ready-to-use chicken breast strips and steamed broccoli over the pasta before putting on the sauce. Buy the garlic cheese bread that comes frozen and you just bake it in the oven. A nice bottle of wine (assuming you're both old enough), red with red sauce, white with white. There you go...romantic dinner for two - and a ton of left overs you can eat or freeze for later.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Baked spaghetti with salad and garlic bread. Or a simple meat, veggie,starch meal with his least complicated favorite dessert.