Vegetarian/ Vegan

Options
Good morning,
My name is Sonia. I'm in the process of going vegetarian/vegan. I'm currently having a hard time with breakfast meal preps. Any suggestions ? Thank you for your time.

Replies

• LATRISH25
    LATRISH25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sonia vegetarian here
  • lford14
    lford14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan. My breakfast go to is overnight oats or muesli with almond milk and fresh blueberries. So good and easy to make the night before!
  • mjmowbray
    mjmowbray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also in the process of switching to a vegan way of life. I'm not one for meal prep, but when I'm in a rush for breakfast I grab a bowl of Cheerios with some fresh berries and almond milk. Also love making a quick smoothie with Vega Chocolate, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, fresh baby spinach, banana, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and a splash of almond milk to get the Vitamix going.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    vegan and vegetarian are REALLY different, especially since some vegetarians still eat eggs.

For example, I've been eating Greek yogurt with chia seeds and fruit that I prep ahead of time but that's not a vegan option.

I have, however, made it with almond milk and maple syrup in the past.

I think you'll get more applicable suggestions if you narrow down your focus to one or the other.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal with 10-15 almonds and an apple or banana.

My alternate breakfast is a cup of Silk Protein Nutmilk (10 grams of protein) with almonds and a piece of fruit.
  • appletospare
    appletospare Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Soy yoghurt with muesli. You can also throw some fresh fruit in, or use the cheaper frozen ones.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm Vegan, I'm also a fan of overnight oats, you can eat them cold or heat them up, I like them cold in the summer And there are so many recipes on Pinterest some already Vegan and some you can make Vegan by simply switching out specific things, I also enjoy nut butter with toast and a side of fruit, smoothies, anything, doesn't need to be " breakfast foods, sometimes I have soup! Pinterest is totally gonna be your friend.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but my current go-to breakfast is a vegan smoothie: frozen banana, 4 oz orange juice, 4 oz water, 2 tbsp protein powder (I use unsweetened pea protein), 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1 tbsp chia seeds. Put all in blender, it's filling. If you're not used to the consistency of chia seeds you might want to try them first.
  • ThatFreakinNinja
    ThatFreakinNinja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Sonia. I'm currently vegetarian I was vegan for about 1 year. But had to transition back to vegetarian for a bit. But anyways lol one of my favorite breakfast (besides oatmeal) is banana ice cream! Super simple to make and filling I add a plant based protein powder and 2-3 frozen bananas a tbsp of Hershey's unsweetened cacao powder some natural stevia drops. Like a dash of unsweetened almond milk. For topping I would do fruit and hemp seeds sometimes cacao nibs and coconut flakes. Another great filling breakfast is a breakfast burrito I make a tofu scramble I use firm tofu turmeric , a dash of black salt(or regular salt) and mrs. dash salt free garlic and herbs. I also add to the pan some spinach and mushrooms. I use whole grain flour tortillas top it with fresh pico de gallo or salsa. Keeps me full. It's vegan and delicious.
    Hope this helps
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like beans and rice or a veggie patty with fruit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers from a previous day for breakfast, but if I don't have any I'll have avocado toast, overnight oats, a frozen burrito or breakfast sandwich (Sweet Earth is my favorite brand), or some fruit.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Sonia, I'm a dairy allergic (Casein and Whey specifically) vegan. I usually have a protein breakfast bar (http://wallflowerkitchen.com/protein-breakfast-bars-vegan-paleo/) and coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi! Join us here!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

I'm not the best person to ask because I don't eat breakfast... though my first meal of the day is usually greek yogurt and kashi go lean cereal.
  • slothycats
    slothycats Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I always am in a rush in the mornings so I normally just grab some cereal with almond milk or even toast with peanut butter and fruit on the side!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who eats vegan most of the time. If I'm in a hurry for breakfast, I slap together a whole grain bread and almond butter (the kind you grind in the store is nicest) sandwich and hit the road. If I have a little more time, I like amaranth seed porridge with a little soy milk stirred in and maybe some ground flax seed. If I think I'm going to be super hungry, I'll eat a big serving of plain African cocoyam fufu from a package mix, because it's so filling. But some days I eat whatever is leftover in the fridge or whatever I like--avocado on toast, beans on toast, whatever is at hand. Breakfast is just another meal, and a lot of my cooking is "quick" cooking.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    full fat cow milk, oats, any fruit.