What does everyone put in their coffee?

Options
I currently use stevia, but sometimes I worry this causes health issues as with all other no-calorie sweeteners. It is natural, but is it safe? Opinions?

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of flavored creamer. Sometimes I get the sugar- or fat-free creamers, if there's a flavor I particularly like, but mostly I don't sweat it. It's 35 calories; it's not going to make or break me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, fat, and fiber:

de4c2b24fdba33c1afc005f30c620678.png
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Just cream. Good coffee is plenty sweet enough; I just need to take the edge off the acid.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Black if I make it or buy it somewhere with decent coffee.

In a latte with skim milk and sugarfree cinnamon dolce syrup from Starbucks if I have to buy it there. Grande skinny flavoured lattes are 120 calories so fairly easy to fit in my day.

I like black coffee so that's my choice most of the time. However, I have no issue with reasonable consumption of artificial sweeteners or dairy, I hate the taste of Stevia, and I don't usually need the extra calories from real sugar, so if I want something sweet or milky, that's what I go for.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Black with half teaspoon of sugar.
  • chels5988
    chels5988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just use 2 milk.
    Used to be a 2 cream, 2 sugar (mmm double double) but started cutting out my sugar. It took a while to get used to but now i cant handle the sweetness of anything other then milk in my coffee.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Half and half and sugar
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Went from more cream and sugar than coffee to black coffee when I was at a large deficit. Then for about 2 years have gone to 2% milk (about 2oz per 20oz coffee). I am currently experimenting with using 1oz of cream either 10% or 18% instead of 2oz of 2% per 20oz coffee :smiley:
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use 2 packets of stevia and a splash of skim milk.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    3 oz of a vanilla premiere protein shake. Sometimes some sugar free torani syrup.
  • mistypenningtongoin
    Options
    Cinnamon
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Half and half, sometimes protien powder.
  • CKathy2012
    CKathy2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Black, don't have to count any calories for that, it's hard enough to loose weight, so I just stick to black coffee.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    @kshama2001 What do you do when the nuts and chia seeds float to the top of your coffee? :o

@Noel_57 I presoak the chia seeds, and have the coconut in the bottom of the cup when the coffee is brewing, so the problem is them sinking, not floating :)

I put all this in a protein shaker cup, and shake periodically. This time of year I am drinking it cold. When the weather cools down, I will have it warmer, but the coffee needs to cool a bit or the protein powder will curdle. This gives the coconut time to rehydrate.