Need To Be Happy

Options
Hi I am 27 years old and a mother of 2 beatiful girls. I have struggled with weight issues for most of my life and majority of my family is over weight themselves. I have a hard time staying modivated and I am easily discouraged. I want to feel beatiful on the inside and out. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work for me. I am tired of not being able to go into a store and have fun shopping. I want my children to see their mommy in the best light. I want to be a good example for them. So please if you have any advice or words of wisdom I am all ears. Oh, also, feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks

Replies

• Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here at MFP! Three bits of advice from my own point of view, maybe it will help you: 1) track everything...it won't be what helps you lose weight, but it will help you see what things are causing the most damage to your plans, which will help you make great choices; 2) if you go over on calories sometimes, that is OK...this is a journey, and there will be some days where things don't work out well...just try again the next day!; 3) Try to invest in a food scale. I was amazed at how far off my own estimates were...having a scale really let me kick it into high gear!

The community here is top-notch, I really do hope you'll love it here as much as I do!
  • aliciastar
    Options
    Thanks! I do have a food scale. I will make sure to use it.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find this place very helpful and friendly!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place:smile: The community here is so supportive. It really is so helpful to have so many people going through the same things as you. I know I don't feel so alone here. I'll add you :smile:
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Welcome! I have 2 kids too and I want to get in shape to stop the cycle of being unhealthy in my family.

My advice is to log everything and I made my diary open to my friends. I will feel accountable to them and I find I am less likely to go over on calories. But I have to be honest about logging.

Oh and small goals helped me too.

Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 27 years old and a mother of 2 beatiful girls. I have struggled with weight issues for most of my life and majority of my family is over weight themselves. I have a hard time staying modivated and I am easily discouraged. I want to feel beatiful on the inside and out. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work for me. I am tired of not being able to go into a store and have fun shopping. I want my children to see their mommy in the best light. I want to be a good example for them. So please if you have any advice or words of wisdom I am all ears. Oh, also, feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks
    Most people fail because the aren't specific in their goals and just wing it. I suggest you make a goal plan, be very specific about it and post it. Accountability is one of the best motivators and even if you screw up, but still post it, you'll normally be more motivated to not fall down again.
    When I say specific, you just can't say "I want to lose weight". You need to say how much, when you will reach it, break it up to weekly losses, how you will eat, what exercises you plan to do, what you will do when you reach that goal. Write down and post it on your bathroom mirror, fridge and car visor so you can see it everyday.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ADVICE? Dont give up....and take one day at a time.....: ) You can do it Alicia! : )
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    Hi Alicia!!!

The great things is, you are sooooooooo not by yourself. I, too, have felt just like you described. I've been overweight most of my life, most of my family is overweight, and I'm tired of being that way. I want to like myself inside and out. I have 2 daughters also, and I want to show them the correct way to live their lives. I want them to know that health is the best way to live. I want them to see they can accomplish anything they set their minds to accomplish. They're young, so I have the opportunity to get it in their minds now. Thankfully, my stepchildren are not overweight. They're teenagers. Still, I'm having a positive impact on them. They think about the food their eating, more than they did before - not in a spooky way, but just in a good healthy way. Too, the family likes to exercise. We have a great time!

The best thing I can tell you is...really focus on changing your habits. It won't be easy all the time, but losing weight isn't a finish line you get to and then it's over. You really do have to look at changing habits that go you to the point you're at now. This is something you'll have to focus on for life. You'll have to become the person you dream of being. The idea is, do the things that ideal person would do. Do those things now. Eventually, living the life of a healthy person, though you're not yet that person, will get to THAT person. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I'm here if you ever wanna chat, need some motivation, or whatever. You can so do this and I'm so glad you're here!

*smiles*

Jean