losing inches but not weight

Options
help.. i've been logging for 50 days in a row and have been in 1500-1600 calories per day and weight training 3 times a week. i lost inches but just a small weight. i heard that's due to body recompossition. im quite happy with my progress but im still in a overweight bmi. what should i expect next? when will the weight drop? im breastfeeding btw, so dropping my calories further is not an option.thanks

Replies

• saritafraya
    saritafraya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    because im still in a overweight range and im not an athlete who's built most from a muscle mass. so it means what it is..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    because im still in a overweight range and im not an athlete who's built most from a muscle mass. so it means what it is..

keep eating in a deficit... that's all you can do. the scales will catch up eventually.
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Saritafraya,

About possibly 80% if not more of body builders and weight trainers will not be within their BMI. If you have not done so as of yet, you should invest in a scale that will give you complete info ( weight, body fat, water) this will then alleviate the need of seeing the weight # change. If you are getting smaller in inches then it means that your body fat is decreasing... the best measure of progress will always be inches lost not lbs lost.

Great job on those inches lost though... that is the best progress.
  • saritafraya
    Options
    thanks for the informations.. i tried to weight in as little as i can. but still whenever i saw the number stalling it's hard not to worry. i thought it's something with the breastfeeding hormones as i read it somewhere.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    Start using a weight Trend application or website

First of all you have lost weight. And on top of that you appear to have done that almost exclusively at the cost of fat.

What could be better than that?

There is no race to an end. If your current setup is unsustainable for the long term... you may want to address that as opposed to anything else :smiley:
  • saritafraya
    Options
    by the way how do we know if we lost mostly fat?thanks again
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    Insert more cardio into your regimen. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Saritafraya,

About possibly 80% if not more of body builders and weight trainers will not be within their BMI. If you have not done so as of yet, you should invest in a scale that will give you complete info ( weight, body fat, water) this will then alleviate the need of seeing the weight # change. If you are getting smaller in inches then it means that your body fat is decreasing... the best measure of progress will always be inches lost not lbs lost.

Great job on those inches lost though... that is the best progress.

Nope, scales are not accurate for body fat and OP is nowhere near a bodybuilder!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Insert more cardio into your regimen. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Cardio only helps by potentially increasing OPs deficit if she doesn't eat the calories back.
  • MonkeysForSale
    MonkeysForSale Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

Technically, muscle is DENSER than fat. So in the same way that a kilo of bricks occupies less physical space than a kilo of feathers -- despite both weighing a kilo -- a kilo of muscle occupies less physical space than a kilo of fat, which explains how one can lose inches whilst remaining the same weight.