B12 lipo injections

Options
So I've been struggling with my weightloss for years now dealing with depression and having a child I began to eat, eat, eat. I've been staring at myself for years and always found a way to say I still look beautiful (Not Healthy) but beautiful I was always maintained a good 154 5'6 and active in sports and dancing through my school years and afterwards until life hit me. I've really been making excuses and now I only want facts to get myself back and to love me again. I found some success stories on the b12 lipo shots and wondered whether they are any good I'm a nurse as well and stay active on my feet and wanted a little advise as to who else has had a success with this

Replies

• carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have b12 injections for a deficiency my dr detected through blood tests. They certainly helped bring up my energy (and mood). My weight loss is through counting calories and adding exercise where I can, and more recently, seeing a Psychologist to assist with stress/anxiety management and mindfulness therapy (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) to combat emotional eating.
    I have 4yo twins and a husband with a chronic illness.
  • Helemua
    Helemua Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a BLT combo- b/lipo/testosterone for about 6 mos. and it definitely improves my energy and mood. Like Carlyp79 said, my weight loss has come through managing my calorie intake and adding exercise. I see a mental health professional for med mgmt (ADHD/BED) and take vyvanse to combat overeating. with regard to exercise, I have to do 45-60 vigorous exercise to help with stress/anxiety from working and family. I recently switched to ketogenic diet and have had major improvement on weight loss AND mood, anxiety/stress, coping, etc.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a deficiency, B12 shots won't help you. If you do have a deficiency, they'll only get you closer to normal. They will not make you burn more fat. Get tested for deficiency and see if you need it. If not, don't bother.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!