HELP!! 28 year old mom of 2 wife of 8.5 years looking to lose 40lbs

Options
My friend heard I was starting my weight loss journey and told me about this app. So far I have been super impressed! It's so easy to keep track of my intake! I need ideas on how to get enough fiber and potassium and other things daily. I'm on a 1400 calorie intake regimen. And I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to food. PLEASE HELP

Replies

• saritafraya
    saritafraya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi.. im 27 yo and half, mother of 2, and looking to lose another 13kgs. i've been logging for 53 days in a row. i have lost 3kgs while on mfp with 1500 calories a day. so far all i do is sticking to my calorie budget and hitting the gym 3 times a week. i have the same concern about fiber and potassium intake. so i guess we're on the same boat
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to those things, and just eat within my calories and try and get enough protein (as it helps me feel full). Been working as I've lost 37lbs. For my food likes, I feel I would need a pill to get enough fiber and potassium.
  • MelodyFaith123
    MelodyFaith123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Maybe a multivitamin would solve some of these issues? That might be the least expensive way I suppose
  • bcwarwick1222
    bcwarwick1222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely the same I need motivation after losing my fiancé in May of motorcycle accident and it's been a upside down roller coaster for me and my daughter who is 8 and will be 9 in December and I'm 28 and will be 29 in February, It's been tragic and painfully hard, I did mine wrongly and didn't even mean too just after the passing of my fiancé, I couldn't eat barley at all now it's better I can eat okay just need that support again, and motivation and determination back! I think it would help me and my daughter! I need to lose really like 20 more now but I'm at a stand still and stuck and do not want it done the wrong ways! Feel free to add me to those that can be supportive and determination motivating with me through your journey and mine!! Best of luck to us all
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My friend heard I was starting my weight loss journey and told me about this app. So far I have been super impressed! It's so easy to keep track of my intake! I need ideas on how to get enough fiber and potassium and other things daily. I'm on a 1400 calorie intake regimen. And I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to food. PLEASE HELP

For my fiber intake, I track my Whole Grains separately. The daily suggested is 48g.
    Triscuit/23g per serving - paired with Laughing Cow cheese wedges - YUM!
    Kashi Autumn Wheat/50g per serving - it is so much better than shredded wheat. Can be used as a snack.
    Belvita Breakfast Biscuits/20g per serving
    Dave's Killer Bread - Good Seed/14g per serving 140 cal/slice
    Dave's Killer Bread - 21 Whole Grains/22g per serving
    Quick note on this bread, I have never liked any bread other than white bread. I tried this and fell in love!! They also have a smaller size slice, not sure what the WG are for that.

Whole Grains help me to stay full longer. Hope this helps. If you want more friends feel free to add me!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend.