Ladies!

Options
I don't know about you but I find it more than difficult.. down right impossible to maintain dieting and eating healthy during my womanly gift week. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you handle it?

Replies

• thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think the best way is to allow myself a small amount of what I crave, ie: a small packet of ready salted crisps, but then work it off. Portion up small amounts of the things you crave and take them out with you, otherwise you might buy a whole packet while you are out and eat the lot. Also, try to make sure there is none in the house so you can't be tempted in the evening. ☺
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Womanly gift week! Love it.

I think what helps is routine. Set the routine before you feel horrible, then do your routine. If you fall off the wagon try to make it something with limited calories (If you are losing weight, make sure it's between your desired calories and your maintenance number). If you are consistent during 28 days but overeat on 2 you'll have an overall fine month. If you really can't hang with not eating some crap, see if you can bank calories or gently exercise to mitigate the damage. Good luck! For me, the discomfort is a small price to pay to not be pregnant.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Womanly gift week! Much better than 'day and sacrificial waterfall' haha

I just eat up to maintenance, I don't even worry about correct diet etc. respond to my body's needs first :) and if the body wants chocolate mousse the body gets chocolate mousse!
  • Princess2k17
    Princess2k17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, lovelies.. and I'm srsly going to start using "sacrificial waterfall" Sashslay!!
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 cal snacks that are chocolate whatever and have those for my snacks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I eat up to maintenance if I need it and allow moderate portions of what I'm craving.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I get this so badly! It's like three weeks I am a master of self discipline and health and then one week a month I'm a hoover of all things chocolate, sweet and cereal! I turn into a bottomless pit :L Nothing satisfies me, I've tried fruit for sweet cravings, making sure I eat enough protein...I'm still always ravenous. I'm getting better at mastering them simply by remembering it's temporary. I tell myself I can have those foods tomorrow. Then after a few days the cravings are more or less back to normal.

Sometimes I find it helps to just let rip. Sure it might mean my calorie intake one day is a lot bigger but after I've eaten enough chocolate and I have a headache and I feel sick and have zero energy, it puts me off for a little while!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's hard and I usually eat at maintenance on those days. I don't bother fighting it.