Why oh Why ?!?

Options
Hello all,

I am really confused and could and would love your help. For the past 3 months I have been playing on two sports teams (Australian football and Gaelic football). Both of which are very high intensity sports with a lot of running. I workout at least 3 times a week for at least an hour each time. I eat pretty healthy and stay under 1800 calories a day (today I only had 1500 calories). I am 5'10 with a large frame and I am really noticing a difference in my fitness level and can run faster and for longer and my clothes are fitting me better and I feel great but I did not lose any weight. I am the same weight as before I started excising and eating healthy!
What's going on?!?!
Any advice on what's happening?
Thanks!
Julia

Replies

• Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Are you faithfully logging and weighing all your food? What is your weight at 5'10"?

If you don't eat at a deficit you will not lose weight no matter how much you excercise. You can't know if you are eating at a deficit unless you are diligent about your intake precision.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    If you are doing regular strenuous workouts and noticing a difference in the fit of your clothes, you might consider taking body measurements rather than relying solely on the scale. You could be losing fat (so your clothes fit better), but gaining muscle or retaining water from your workouts and sports (so the scale is holding steady).
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting you better, you're probably dropping fat and building muscle. It'll weigh the same, but take up less space. This is good! Keep going!!
  • bojkoj19
    bojkoj19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Could be in a recomp. Have you ever monitored your body composition? This will tell you the ratio of lean body mass (LBM) to fat mass.