Help tracking orange theory

Options
How should I track my orange theory HIIT workouts? Anyone else doing this and have found a successful way to track accurately? It's a mix of rowing, power walking and strength training within about 60 mins. Thanks!!

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Using the app on your phone:
    You can log by choosing "cardio" -> scroll to the bottom of the page -> click on the blue "create a new exercise" -> call it Orange Theory -> log your calories from your OTF monitor/email you get post workout.
    (Website might be the same??)
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor with chest strap.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Not a good idea when it's partially strength training
  • jayseecar2014
    jayseecar2014 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »
    You can log by choosing "cardio" -> scroll to the bottom of the page -> click on the blue "create a new exercise" -> call it Orange Theory -> log your calories from your OTF monitor/email you get post workout.

Thank you!!
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »

Thank you!!

That's what I do....
  • nikkivigil
    nikkivigil Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Not a good idea when it's partially strength training

Part of Orange Theory is wearing a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. That is how you monitor your results that are on the screen on the wall. We are not talking about super heavy strength training. I don't find the strap to be an issue at all.

I just started Orange Theory. I did as someone else suggested. I made a new exercise and called it Orange Theory. Every time I go in and modify the calories burned.

I am most definitely not going to eat back all those calories though. I feel like every heart rate monitor grossly overestimates the actual calorie burn.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You get the calorie burn at the end of class. Just create your own exercise and log that rather than making up some other random number. If you think it is too high then just log a percentage of those calories.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    FWIW- my FitBit charge 2 gives me +|- 10% calories vs the OTF wrist hrm (I had too many issues with their chest strap & my anatomy!). Both are within 10-50 calories different (total of ~475-550 calories for me in a workout).
    They will tell you theirs is superior- but they are basically the same in my case.