help w/calorie goal

Options
I am female, 244 pounds and 5'7". My job is sedentary. I've lost about 50 pounds so far this year through a caloric deficit, but recently added StrongLifts 5x5 (no cardio). My goal is fat loss while preserving muscle mass, using methods that are sustainable for me long-term (hence no cardio!).

My question is, how many calories should I be eating per day? Thank you

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    What does mfp tell you?
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    do what mfp says lol
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    nrsejs wrote: »
    I am female, 244 pounds and 5'7". My job is sedentary. I've lost about 50 pounds so far this year through a caloric deficit, but recently added StrongLifts 5x5 (no cardio). My goal is fat loss while preserving muscle mass, using methods that are sustainable for me long-term (hence no cardio!).

My question is, how many calories should I be eating per day? Thank you

Strength training doesn't burn a ton of calories. As long as your primary goal is weight loss, I would stick with what you were doing and log the strength training, see how many extra calories mfp gives you, and go from there. You might also want to watch your protein goal and make sure you are getting enough. Protein is necessary for muscle repair and many people when they try to eat lower cal inadvertently end up eating low protein.

Congrats on your success so far!
  • drawaimfire
    drawaimfire Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! 5x5 SL is an excellent program, if you're able to download it, the app is free and its handy as all heck.

Best of Luck for your continued success <3