One Year Ago I Joined

Options
ekim2016
ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
Hello friends.. well, it has been one full year shockingly since I began logging my food and following the CICO protocols. I am not down as much as I anticipated but still happy with what I have lost. I have slowed down and remained at around 234 for months now. I'm beginning to think it is my medication holding me back. I'm faithfully logging my 1560 per day as indicated and never go over. So it is perplexing why my weight loss stopped as I was 1760 for the first six months. Oh well, just happy not to be gaining....

Replies

• snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Keep going...just think what a lot you have achieved already.
  • ekim2016
    edited September 2017
    Options
    since my last post on May 16th I have only gotten down to 229 but keep bouncing up to 232 or so... I'm keeping my same calorie amount of 1560 so it must be my meds... at least I know what maintenance level looks like I guess. No complaints but surprised I have not lost more.
  • becgraceevemaggie
    Options
    Increase your activity may boost your energy out part. It's so frustrating when this happens. Good luck you have done great!
  • ekim2016
    Options
    today I recalculated my goal from 225 down to 200. This changed my caloric levels from 1560 to 1530. So I will see if that kick starts my weight loss again as I've been stuck around 230 for months and months now!!
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! It is a journey! Good luck. I told myself it I stayed within 3 pounds of my goal weight this summer with many many small trips it would be a success.. I did.. I feel that we should not be hard on ourselves but praise all the accomplishments we have done..
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it for a year!
  • ekim2016
    Options
    forgot to mention... the doctors took me off high blood pressure meds as I no longer need them after 10 years!!! yay!! next will be the Lipitor for cholesterol....
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    forgot to mention... the doctors took me off high blood pressure meds as I no longer need them after 10 years!!! yay!! next will be the Lipitor for cholesterol....

That's an excellent NSV!! You should be very pleased with that result :smile:
  • ekim2016
    Options
    well, I'm gaining weight and up to 244 for the past few weeks. I have been eating the same weekly amounts of food and menu for the past year... so it must be my Celebrex they put me on October 2017 finally catching up to me and effecting my loss. If I gain anymore I'm going to stop taking it... I'm still doing 1560 per day!!! Very disappointing and worrisome.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    @ekim2016

From rxlist.com:

Stop using celecoxib and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
    black, bloody, or tarry stools;
    coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
    Swelling or rapid weight gain;
    urinating less than usual or not at all;
    nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
    skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or
    severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    Thanks Madison... I stopped the Celebrex on Monday and good as far as no new pains flare ups.... But time will tell, eh? I am curious to see if I start losing normally like I should going forward.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @ekim2016

From rxlist.com:

Stop using celecoxib and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
    nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
    severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.

I don't see where OP indicated how quickly he gained from 230 (in November) to 244 (July). This seems like not enough information for you to be making medication recommendations.

OP, follow up with your doctor about it. Did the weight gain happen over the last week or two? Or has it been slowly increasing since November?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    OP, you also didn't answer the question about how you are measuring food. Have you been checking the database entries you are using to be sure they are accurate?
  • ekim2016
    Options
    the weight gain happened gradually in proportion to when I started taking the Celebrex. Plus the complete lack of losing any weight even tho my meals have been the same every week!! I called my doctors office and they said it was fine to stop taking it if I wished. Well, I've always weighed and used the same data base food entries since I began in May 2016 that's what was so perplexing to just stop losing after I had lost so much to begin with... thank you for your input :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    The reason I ask is because it is easy for those serving sizes to creep up slowly. It would be worth considering a couple of things. 1) review accuracy, 2) have you been in a deficit this whole time (since 2016)? It might be time to consider a diet break for a while. The first couple of pages have the most important information in this thread (the whole thing is awesome, but it's over 200 pages, so start with the first several:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

I know my experiences with NSAIDs left me feeling stupidly hungry. They can also be very hard on the kidneys, which is why the warning about "rapid weight gain." I'm glad this wasn't the case for you.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Hope you see the changes you're looking for after all of your hard work. Hang in there.
    hang-in-smiley.gif?1292867613.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @ekim2016

From rxlist.com:

Please do not advise anyone to stop a prescribed medication without talking to their doctor first. This is irresponsible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!