What does everyone put in their coffee?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Stevia tastes funny to me. I use skim milk and Splenda.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    sheepingly wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee but there were a couple of times this year where i was so exhuasted at work i was desperate.

I put 4 packets of sugar and a couple of creamers. Coffee always tastes bitter or liked burnt beans and i dont like it LOL

Sounds like you've been drinking Starbucks, lol. I can't stand any of their coffees, they all taste burnt and bitter to me.
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee but there were a couple of times this year where i was so exhuasted at work i was desperate.

I put 4 packets of sugar and a couple of creamers. Coffee always tastes bitter or liked burnt beans and i dont like it LOL

Sounds like you've been drinking Starbucks, lol. I can't stand any of their coffees, they all taste burnt and bitter to me.

i've had other brands and they taste like starbucks too LOL ick
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I put ice and a straw in it.

Black coffee is delicious. I believe that if you need a bunch of stuff to make coffee palatable, you should find a different drink. There are plenty of other beverages that have caffeine and there is no point doctoring something up so much that it is hardly what it originally.
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    Options
    1/2 oz of creamer, either sugar free or regular. Since I started tracking & realized just how much creamer (and calories!) I was adding, I've cut down to less than 1/2 what I was adding.
  • keoki2168
    keoki2168 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KETO kreme
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    4 grams Splenda, 4 grams original Coffee-mate powdered creamer added to ~16 oz of coffee.... 35 calories of perfection.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Nothing
    Like a guy told me once... I like my coffee like I like my woman, hot, black and bitter.
    I like my coffee like I like my men - ground up and in the freezer.

This may be the funniest response I've ever read on MFP!

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Mine is always black - very occasionally I'll have a latte or cappucino ut they are rare
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere about using real butter in coffee... has anyone actually tried it.

That's Bulletproof Coffee and to do it right you have to use unsalted butter from grass fed cows, MCT oil, and special coffee beans. Here's more: http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2014/12/15/latest-coffee-trend-is-to-put-butter-in-your-coffee.html
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    At home, it's usually 1 tsp of sugar and 1-1.5 tbsps of light cream (10 oz. cup). At work, we have the Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream, so I just use that without the sugar. I've definitely cut back on the sugar. Used to be 2 BIG teaspoons per cup!
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have heard against Stevia is if you are using Truvia. It still has Stevia in it, but there is other stuff as well that will spike blood sugars in diabetics. (I bought it for my MIL because she is diabetic, and quickly replaced it after learning this)
    Organic Stevia has been tested and does not have the same results.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a tall blonde in a grande cup. So, yes - Starbucks. And, I was putting in a TON of half-and-half! Which I was not tracking. I mean, I had a good 1/4 cup - at least - of half-and-half.

Last week I stopped that mess. Now I am drinking a tall blonde, no room and two or three packets of Stevia. S dash or two of cinnamon and - when it is there - a packet of honey.

I'm a tall blonde roast girl at heart. Dab of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some liquid sweet n low. Mmmmm mmmm
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Not the blonde roast
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At home, I put a stick of cinnamon in my coffee pot. At work, I rarely put anything in it.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Black! Takes two days to get used to it...you will NEVER go back!
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Typically three ice cubes or I burn myself out of my travel mug. If my husband is home about half hot water because he likes coffee you can chew
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl flavored syrups. Makes it taste like a delicious latte!
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Nothing
    Like a guy told me once... I like my coffee like I like my woman, hot, black and bitter.

I like my coffee like I like my men - ground up and in the freezer.

LOL LOL :#