Protein Shakes/Bars

Options
Anyone on here finding themselves drinking protein shakes or eating protein bars for that last boost of protein for their macros for the day? I just wanted to say I tried a Quest Bar after my workout last night at the gym, Cinnamon Roll flavored and it was phenomenal!

Anyone else have a favorite protein mix / bar they like?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    At over $2 each Quest bars are nice, but eventually I found cheaper. Pure protein bars run about .67cents each on sale and are edible. Optimal Nutrition Gold Standard protein powder is a very good brand if you have a Costco membership.
  • ZAnders84
    ZAnders84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YES to the Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder! Last year that was all I was drinking and had noticeable gains in my strength. After not lifting for the first 6 months this year, I lost a chunk of my strength. I switched powders to a different brand....I notice the difference. I don't fell myself getting stronger even though I am doing the exact same routine I was doing last year. Heading to get some ON whey protein this weekend.

So the brand is "Pure Protein"? I will look into that, thanks!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    At over $2 each Quest bars are nice, but eventually I found cheaper. Pure protein bars run about .67cents each on sale and are edible. Optimal Nutrition Gold Standard protein powder is a very good brand if you have a Costco membership.

$2 ?? That's a bargain! In Canada they are $4 and up ($5 in some stores - crazy!!)

Clif Builder Bar is another good one - cheaper and delicious, but a bit higher in calories.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I go with pure protein. Not too bad and decent price. Cheapest I've found on amazon for variety packs.

There is perfect bar, kinda expensive and hard to find but something to look into.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal chocolate chip cookie Quest bars are amazing! I like white chocolate raspberry too. Try popping a rocky road or s'mores bar in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.....YUM.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Combat Crunch, Clif Builder, and Grenade Carb Killa bars are all typical in my diet.
    Premier Protein ready-to-drink shakes are as well.
  • ZAnders84
    ZAnders84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!