Legit Curiosity

Options
Hi everyone! I've met my goal weight of 130lbs and have been off the diet for a couple months now. However, it switched to me not eating during the day and just eating dinner, sometimes big servings. I haven't gained weight but I want to lose a bit of vanity weight at this point so I'm curious. Will going back to 1250 calories a day cause me to gain if I consistently eat those like I used to? I only ask because my daily intake lately may be well under that goal, sometimes over. Or does it not matter and I will continue to lose like I used to?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if your fat loss will be different if you eat only in the evening as opposed to eating all day long?

If so, the loss will be the same.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. What are your maintenance calories? How tall are you?

I don't see how 1250 calories would cause someone to gain weight, unless they were a Little Person, in which case 130 pounds wouldn't be an appropriate goal weight.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think she's assuming that since she only eats dinners, that she's getting very few calories, so 1250 would be an increase from her current maintenance. Which sounds dubious.

Again, I suggest logging your dinners and seeing if that's actually the case.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I honestly don't understand what you're asking
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question either..
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    You say "it switched me to not eating during the day". What switched you to not eating during the day? If you are eating under 1250 most days then you would most likely be losing weight, not maintaining. Very few people maintain on under 1300 calories per day. I won't say no one does, but it is pretty uncommon. If you start eating 1250 then you will most likely lose weight whether you eat during the day or not. Meal timing is unimportant for weight loss. Calorie deficit is what matters.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is mostly irrelevant. Are you currently maintaining your weight? If yes, you are eating your maintenance calories. Let's say that's 1800 calories. It doesn't matter that you are eating only one meal. It's probably that your meal servings are so large that you are hitting that 1800 calories. Or maybe it's only 1000 calories for dinner (easily done), maybe 200 or 300 for coffee each morning, and then another 500 for snacks or after dinner drinks, etc.
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think you are saying you currently eat all of your calories for dinner and you want to know if you lower your calories to 1250 can you spread them throughout the day,like you use to and lose weight.

If that's your question as long as your in a calories deficit you will lose weight. I look at mine as a rolling week so I can have more,in a day, whenever I feel like splurging
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Basically she wants to lose some "vanity weight" so the answer to her question is..... Start tracking again, and eat at a deficit.
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I think she's assuming that since she only eats dinners, that she's getting very few calories, so 1250 would be an increase from her current maintenance. Which sounds dubious.

Again, I suggest logging your dinners and seeing if that's actually the case.

Sorry for the confusion everyone, yes this is what I meant. I am 5'2 and 130lbs, but yes I have been maintaining, didn't even think about the fact I'm eating at maintenance lol thank you all