Belly fat

About how long did it take to get rid of your belly fat and have a slimmer midsection. I am seeing changes after 21/2 months but wish it were going down faster

Replies

• Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    My belly fat takes a long time to melt. I saw 2 inches of difference after losing 17 lbs. My belly feels softer, a little nicer than before but I still have at least 30 more lbs to lose so I'm hoping it would start to look better by then.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Everyone is different. Some folks the belly is the last place to go, others it is the first. Just depends on where your body stores its fat. Got a woman at work who lost a ton of weight... above the belt, but is hanging on to all of it below the belt, as in medium shirts, XXL pants.
  • mdduncan75
    mdduncan75 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 42 years old and have never had a problem with belly fat until now. What is the best way to get it off? Low carb diet? I really need help with this.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    mdduncan75 wrote: »
    I am 42 years old and have never had a problem with belly fat until now. What is the best way to get it off? Low carb diet? I really need help with this.

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Maintain a calorie deficit, maybe incorporate some exercise into your routine.
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    I wish I knew the secret. I've lost just over 10 lbs so far from hips and thighs area but sure wish it was from the mid-section. I assume that'll be the last place I lose from. (heavy sigh)
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Belly fat usually the last thing to go. Can't spot reduce the fat, it'll come off when it does. All you can do is stick to a calorie deficit and be patient.
  • GettingFitSlim
    GettingFitSlim Posts: 42 Member
    i wish i knew also! had my 2nd baby 3 months ago, and just now starting to see my belly shrink. i workout 5x week and dont eat healthy at all. just stay within my calories. i guess its different for everyone.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Down 35 lbs and 1.5 inches. It takes time.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,629 Member
    I'm down 43lbs & still have a belly, tho smaller. I have 12 more lbs to go but what did get rid of the extra bulge between breast & belly button is exercise
  • jo_escolano
    jo_escolano Posts: 19 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I'm down 43lbs & still have a belly, tho smaller. I have 12 more lbs to go but what did get rid of the extra bulge between breast & belly button is exercise

That is my BIGGEST problem (the bulge between breast & belly button). How long did it take you to lose 43lbs?
  • getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    I had huge love handles and thankfully they were the first to melt
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    I am at my optimal fit weight and lost about 4 inches of my waist. I do a pretty crazy ab workout, cardio and weights. Unfortunately, some of this in genetics. I am very skinny, have the outer "lines" of a six pack stomach but I'd have to go insane to actually get six pack abs. The first place my fat goes is my belly, then my face/neck. Belly is basically flat but its got some insulation underneath. I don't mind...
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    First on, last off :/
  • Jasminewillwin
    Jasminewillwin Posts: 4 Member
    Confession: I said I bought the 12 pack of mini Oreos for the hurricane prep. But I really bought them because I was buying them at the dollar store and eating them in the car before I got home 3 days out of the week for a month.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Losing belly fat is hard , but much harder if you don't try at all
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    fenrsp3uzcz1.png
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Stomach fat is visceral fat, or intra-abdominal fat. It usually takes more time to lose for most people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!