Insanity and breastfeeding not losing

Options
Hi I am 8weeks postpartum and gained 40lbs in my pregnacy putting me at 180lbs. I love working out and started insanity 2 weeks ago and am tolerating it well but have not lost anything on the scale or mesurnents. I am eating around 1800 callories due to Brest feeding but felling discouraged and wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You might need to eat less. What does mfp say based on your height and weight? If it says 1800 for a pound a week weight loss your weighing and logging might be off. Or you're overestimating your exercise calorie burn.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lb doing insanity... lost inches though.

I love shaun t!!!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a lot of time. Give it more time, at least four weeks.

You might be retaining some water due to your new exercise regime.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You started a new and very intensive exercise program two weeks ago. Have you accounted for the increased water retained in your muscles to help cushion and repair them? A slight bump or stall on the scale is really common with programs like Insanity and sometimes it doesn't go away for a few weeks.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything breastfeeding until I stopped counting it in my calories. Once I started eating what MFP told me to plus exercise calories, I did much better.

Check your logging to make sure its on point, weighing to the gram, and you're not over estimating calories from exercise, breastfeeding, or both. If you're pretty sure everything is spot on, stop eating one of them back.

This should be taken with a grain of salt, as many women can't cut calories without compromising supply. I waited until Nugget was eating solids, and I had a decent freezer stash built up.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ashlie. I didn't add extra calories for breastfeeding either.
  • jessicaalfaro2427
    Options
    What did you all eat ? Did you eat at maintenance and excersise cals ? Maintenance alone cals ? Or lower? My naintenance is 1630 but can get very hungry but if i minus 400 for nursing a 6 month old that means im at 1230 which i would be if i was losing and not nursing. Is that to low
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i did insanity whiled breastfeeding and the first 2 weeks i lost no weight. but inches started to fly right off. my total weigh loss was 10 lbs but inches was dramatic. but i cnt remeber on top of my head. i was also about 180- 175 when I started doin insanity. stick with it!!!! becuz u will see results!!! also try taking 50 less calories just to see how u feel. i remeber always feeling exhausted after the workout . so i wldnt decrease calories dramatically. also make sure you are properly measuring your food. not just estimating
  • flakkybaby211012
    flakkybaby211012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is u need to eat more. Your breastfeeding, already that burns 500 - 600 cals if its exclusively done. Your body could be scared and holding onto everything. What you could do is set your mfp to maintenance and just work out and bf which will create your decifit.