You can do it!! I did!!

Options
It is hard to believe that one year ago in September that I got the news that I never wanted to hear!! The dr. told me that I was diabetic!! At age 34 I weighed nearly 400 lbs and I felt terrible!! I then seen a pic of myself that just totally made me realize how big I really was!! I made the decision that enough was enough and me and my wife both started the journey together!! We decided to use MyFitnessPal because we felt like we could still eat what we wanted but just in portion control and exercise!!! So that's what we have done!! There are still days that aren't easy but we are sticking with it!! Right now I have lost a little over 90 lbs and feel the best I have felt in years!! I have dropped almost 5 pants sizes!! I am no longer a diabetic is the more important part!! If I can do it anyone can!! You just have to get to the point you are tired of being fat and out of shape!!

Replies

• sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    drew_ruck wrote: »
    It is hard to believe that one year ago in September that I got the news that I never wanted to hear!! The dr. told me that I was diabetic!! At age 34 I weighed nearly 400 lbs and I felt terrible!! I then seen a pic of myself that just totally made me realize how big I really was!! I made the decision that enough was enough and me and my wife both started the journey together!! We decided to use MyFitnessPal because we felt like we could still eat what we wanted but just in portion control and exercise!!! So that's what we have done!! There are still days that aren't easy but we are sticking with it!! Right now I have lost a little over 90 lbs and feel the best I have felt in years!! I have dropped almost 5 pants sizes!! I am no longer a diabetic is the more important part!! If I can do it anyone can!! You just have to get to the point you are tired of being fat and out of shape!!

congrats. keep on trucking. I'm 217lbs and have about 60 lbs to lose but this is the heaviest i've ever been and no matter what it keeps climbing up in weight so i started working out and really being serious about how much i eat

if you can do it, so can i!
  • Do3w7
    Do3w7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So true tired of being fat and out of shape....good for you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it going!!
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Go Bucks! And congrats - great job and keep it going.
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!