Prayer or Verse

Options
What is your favorite Go-To Prayer, Bible Verse, or inspirational quote? Something that gives you strength and power.

Replies

• Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Philippians 4:13
  • tigertown11
    Options
    bump
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There are SO many!

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 NLT
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There are SO many!

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 NLT
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1Cor 9
    [24] Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
    [25] Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
    [26] Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air;
    [27] but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I usually have this as a devotions in the morning and I use that verse and copy it into my postings.

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/
  • MakeItHappenAnt
    Options
    in addition 2 echoing Blessed917, there's also:

galatians 6:9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
  • kateistoned
    Options
    Psalms 46:10 - "Be still and know that I am God."

Hebrews 12 (specifically 12:1-3 and 12:7-12 are like my weight loss/fitness ones) -

"(1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, (2) fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (3) Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

(4) In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. (5) And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,
    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
    (6) because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]

(7) Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! (10) They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. (11) No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

(12) Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. (13) “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Really any of them.. Because when you remember that God gave you your precious body, how can you not take care of it?
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hebrews 12:11
    New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

That is my life verse. It was also one of the verses from my Bible Study this week. I love it!! :happy:
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    With God all things are possible- Matthew 19:26
  • lle56
    lle56 Posts: 8
    Options
    how about this old preachers quote......

Lord help me to remember that NOTHING is going to happen to me today that you and I together can't handle......

Just remember that all God's testings have a purpose someday you will see the light all he asks is that you trust him and walk by faith and not by sight!!!!