Any Keto-ers Here?

Options
2»

Replies

• akarancsi
    akarancsi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep! Very committed, add me if you like! Being an app freak, I'm trying to work out what the best combo was to make results quick and longterm.
  • rsiegel77
    rsiegel77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started Keto yesterday. Lost 45 lbs on weight watchers and kept it off for a year. Have a problem with insulin resistance and struggle with hunger and cravings. Not looking for quick fix weight loss but want to adopt a lifestyle that will help me lose a little more, keep it off, and avoid diabetes which I am genetically prone to.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I started Keto yesterday and have lost 10 pounds! Ask me how!!!
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Learned about keto July 14th. Logged my weight here July 16th.. started "low carb" as I learned slowly what all HAD carbs and how to up fat content.. Was under 5% carbs for the first time yesterday. Today is my second day. Regardless of not being completely keto and only staying under 30% up until now, I have lost a total of 15lbs in less than a month..(22 days)..

I.. LOVE.. KETO! Except for the difficult fight of getting enough fat without going over carbs.. Or the fact that mfp ONLY tracks ALL carbs instead of NET carbs.. which makes this even more difficult. I need a better calculator.

Oh, and I LOVE having to force myself to eat enough calories! On regular cico I fought to stay under 1900 cal. I counted my day a win if I at least didn't go above maintenance. Now I have to FORCE myself to eat 1700cal just to stay at 1.5lb loss a week. I am "done" by 1200-1500 cal! I couldn't lose any weight on just counting cal.. now it's pouring off! There is no freaking way I could take in the keto calculators amountbof calories to slow to 1lb a week loss.. they want me to eat 2900cal.. I don't think so..
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I started Keto yesterday and have lost 10 pounds! Ask me how!!!

Weight loss supplement companies hate him.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Paleo / Keto way of eating are great. I lost 40 lbs and then developed gastritis and my digestion stopped working. I am eating some carbs / resistant starch and lots of herbals / prescription drugs to kill off the bad bacteria (or microbes).
  • PinkRainCloud
    PinkRainCloud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since January 2017, feel free to add me!
  • jadedchef
    jadedchef Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do it too, for medical reasons and just loving it. I slowly lowered the amount of carbs and sugar while learning more about keto and have been doing it for about 2 weeks now. I had problems with counting macros but this app makes things easy to understand what to eat.

Please feel free to add me and or contact me.

Have a good day
  • Skinm4n
    Skinm4n Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a low-carb diet for 9 days now and so far it is working. I figured it would have limited my energy levels for my activities but I have been pleasantly surprised.
  • haro9335
    haro9335 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto for 3 months now. Lost 30 lbs so far. Feel free to add me.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @haro9335 wrote: »
    Been doing keto for 3 months now. Lost 30 lbs so far. Feel free to add me.

You're doing a great job of resurrecting old threads. Keep it up. There are still a few from 2008 that need to be bumped.
  • rmwebsteriii
    rmwebsteriii Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i started keto 68 days ago and down 64 pounds really enjoy it.