business casual

Options
Nussbary
Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
In the office the dress code is business casual. I have lost 40 pounds and feel like my clothes, especially pants are starting to look sloppy. I have another 10-15 to go, and then want to move towards focusing on body fat percentage. Since business casual is a reasonable expensive wordrobe I am seeking some interim advice. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Buy just a few new things for now instead of a whole wardrobe. If pants are the worst then get pants.
    Shop at a thrift store or ebay.
    Look for sales.
    Have some of your current clothing tailored.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Birthday suit business casual may fit your budget.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    SMOKIN!!, go show it off!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    do you have anything like TJMaxx/Burlington/Marshall's - I find they are good places to get decent clothes for slightly cheaper - they have pants/shirts/ties etc
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    2 pairs of nice slacks that go with 4 shorts that fit. Seriously better to spend say 200 to 300 to get you thru the fall and look good at work and in life.
    Ross
    Marshall
    Tjmax
    Ie but at discount places.
  • teepuppylove
    teepuppylove Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    What gender are you?

I just checked - male.

Ok, here's what you do. I'd hold off on buying your new wardrobe until you finish those next 10-15. Then start small, go for basics. You're an engineer, so dress like one:

- White solid oxford button down, tailored fit
    - Blue solid oxford button down, tailored fit
    - Blue chinos, slim fit - if you're tall, aim for one pant length longer than regular as the slim fit will ride up your leg
    - Black chinos, slim fit
    - Khaki chinos, slim fit
    - A brown belt without notches, they're called magic belts I think
    - A pair of brown shoes matching your belt

Since it's fall, get some basics for this season:
    - Pullover v neck sweater in a wine colour is appropriate
    - Cardigans (grey, black)
    - Ankle boots (chukkas) in brown

Also, get a nice watch. A weekender by Timex is a classic piece, and you can dress it down with a Nato strap.

Last but certainly not least, invest as much as you can into cool *kitten* socks. They add colour to your wardrobe. Go for geometric patterns, argyle, crazy colours, pizza patterns, etc.

Go slow, add staples slowly and by no time you'll have a wardrobe.

You have so much more fashion sense than I do- so jealous!
  • Nussbary
    Options
    Birthday suit business casual may fit your budget.

I think this is the best advice! thanks guys!
  • Nussbary
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Skirted leggings. They fit in any budget, are machine washable and discreetly hide poundage. Pair them with a thigh length tunic or ankle length duster and you'll fit right in in any white collar environment. As long as you're the receptionist and remain seated 99% of the time. If you're out there swimming with the sharks, I don't know what to tell you.

Haha, yes well unfortunately 1: I am male (I will include this information when I post again), and 2: yes there is mostly shark swimming.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @hellvee wrote: »
    What gender are you?

You looking for the Facebook or Biblical options?