70 lbs down! With Pics!

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
My story:
I'm 5'10" and I tipped the scales at 305 lbs in Feb 2010 when I decided to give up fast food and pop for Lent. I quickly decided to take it further and wanted to get healthy because around that time my grandfather passed away (not from being unhealthy, but it was a wake up call for me that I was shaving years off of my life because I WAS unhealthy). Anyway, in about 5 months, I lost 43 lbs and was feeling great! I got a lot of compliments and thought I had a handle on the eating and had even exercised a little over the summer. But when school started up in the fall, I was completely caught off guard at how much harder grad school was than undergrad and I slipped into my old habits of stress eating fast food and desserts pretty much every day. I had also not gotten into a rhythm with the exercise and I thought it took too much time away from my homework, so that was one of the first things to go. Needless to say, I regained 10lbs I had lost and lost a lot of the confidence I had gained! So after the semester from hell, I rededicated myself to watching what I was eating and decided to get a trainer at the start of the new year (2011). Through the semester, I lost about 20 lbs with the trainer and watching what I was eating, but still hadn't really committed to any of it-- if I got stressed out, I was still slipping into bad habits. Until I found MFP and c25k. I started c25k in May and MFP June 1st and I honestly feel like a whole new person. I've realized that instead of going to food to treat stress, I can exercise and feel SO MUCH BETTER! I am now exercising 5ish days a week and graduated from c25k 2 weeks ago-- all while still taking summer classes!

Today, 8/1/11, I hit my halfway mark of losing 70lbs! It has been a long, arduous journey, and I still have a long way to go. I needed to take a moment to really be proud of how far I have come!

BeforeandDuringJune2011.jpg
Before.jpg
Before6.jpg
me2.jpg

Replies

• Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work!

And GOO STEELERS!!! :)
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Great job:smile:
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOW! GREAT JOB! You look amazing!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • 4Shellie
    4Shellie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look like your daughter.

Down 70 lbs, and 20 years! Woot!!
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! Great story and an inspiration to everyone. Thank you for sharing, and good luck and God Bless on your journey.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    You look great lady! Keep up the good work and great job on doing this for yourself!
  • RLNewton
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You look wonderful - keep up the good work!!!!:smile:
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look amazing!! Steelers suck BTW :P:P:P
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    so glad that you are taking some time to acknowledge your accomplishments! that is just fabulous! what an inspiration you are to others. keep it up girl!!
  • ShArKeYSurfs
    Options
    YOU ARE A ROCK STAR GIRL
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    U look fantastic.... Great job:glasses:
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Way to go! That is quite impressive. I'm still trying to train my body to enjoy working out. Starting to turn to it instead of food...
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    You look great. Cute smile. Keep it up.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great story! It really shows that just because you have a set back, it doesn't mean that you can't get back at it and achieve your goals.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    *stands in Awe and applauds* CONGRATS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow!! you look amazing!!!!!
    way to go!!!
  • megandurden
    megandurden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Huge CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look really great!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!