Injury?

Options
Ok so on my Right side Since Thursday I think right in the middle on the edge of my rib Roughly even line with the belly button but closer to the rib (gosh I hope I make sense) (maybe the muscle) it hurts BAD BAD esp to laugh , Lift the kids, lay down and sit up, Its a REALLY bad throb like I either injured my rib , pulled a muscle or something- Would you all still exercise through this ( I been off exercising since Friday since it hurts to bad) or keep resting until its better? I know sometimes I read "bring it" only way to lose weight is to work through things.....Anyways wanted opinions on what you all would do ( dont want to injure it more either with having kids that I HAVE to lift)

Replies

• ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Did this happen while you were exercising? Could it be something more? You may need to see a doctor there are vital organs in there. Be Carful!!!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like a pulled muscle. IMO I would exercise doing some type that will keep it moving/loose but not too much force on that particular muscle (like no sit-ups etc). Ibuprofen is great for pulled muscles too.
  • georgiag111
    Options
    I am not for sure what it is from as bad as it sounds ( with my Ligament/ Joint disorder) I never know I hurt until its to late could be something simple from lifting a baby or walking on steps wrong or even Weight training twisting wrong? It hurts alot the MOST when I laugh or I have a co-sleeper a bed by my bed for the baby when I twist in middle of the night getting her I have to grab my side because it feels like my rib will break otherwise
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I am not for sure what it is from as bad as it sounds ( with my Ligament/ Joint disorder) I never know I hurt until its to late could be something simple from lifting a baby or walking on steps wrong or even Weight training twisting wrong? It hurts alot the MOST when I laugh or I have a co-sleeper a bed by my bed for the baby when I twist in middle of the night getting her I have to grab my side because it feels like my rib will break otherwise

Don't exercise and if it doesn't feel better in a couple days I suggest calling your doctor.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I had random pain in my rib a few weeks ago. It hurt to laugh, cough, sneeze. I hadn't even worked out the day before or anything. I had no idea what it was from, but it hurt like hell. I took it easy for a few days until most of the pain was gone. It took about a week. You don't want to work that particular muscle if you pulled it. If it's a stabbing pain or doesn't get better in the next few days, you should go to the doctor.
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you may need to get that checked out !!