who has lost 80 pounds and more

Options
Hi,

so if you lost 80 pounds and was over 250 pounds female before, what made you stick to it? how often a week did you work out if you are a mom at night and a worker at day?

what most best tips you think you could give me if you had to pick only 3?

can you really go from a size 20 to a size 12 again when you are over 40 and don't have time to work out?

Replies

• luciemarieleduc
    luciemarieleduc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wow very motivating, thank you for this!!! and sleep? what is that, lol thank you !!!!!!!!!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    46, went from a 20/22 to solid 10 (a few 8s and a few 12s) in 18 months
    Work full time at a desk job
    Not an exercise fan - I walk, do a little yoga, tai chi, nothing exceptionally calorie burning
    Definitely doable

Sorry - edited to add - that was 75 - 80 pounds. 5 pounds left, but happy with where I am and fluctuating around the 75 - 80 lost area.
  • luciemarieleduc
    luciemarieleduc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!!!! you guys/ gals are awesome! thank you for sharing this,
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    239.4 down from my highest, and 181 of them since giving birth. 43 and have gone from a 30/32 or 28W to a 8 and 6 in a couple of super-vanity sized items. I work a stressful full-time desk job.

1. I made a tiny human (with a little help from my husband). I had to be able to keep up with her. She is learning how to eat and be active from me. I don't want her to have the same problems I have had. I work out when I can. Once a week I lift. I try to swim 3 times a week. I walk a couple of times a week on my lunch break and generally do things to stay active.
    2. (1) When you have a bad day, let it be just that, ONE bad day. Dust yourself off and get back to it. (2) Figure out your "why" and remind yourself of that every chance you get. (3) Be honest with your logging, and log everything.
    3. Yes. Of course you can. Eat less, move more. Make better choices. Make time to be active, your kids will need it too. You can squeeze time in for movement but "working out" is not per se required. Walk on lunch breaks, get up and move every hour somehow. It all adds up but it's really a matter of CI<CO.

• Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I went from a size 24, 315lbs down to a 12/14 and 200lbs (current stats, I'm 5"9'). I lost about 75lbs without exercise. Then I started walking and doing body weight exercises. I still want to loose about 30lbs but now I'm taking my time.

You can change your body and your life, just take it one meal at a time and eventually it will add up to a positive change!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    What an awesome collection of people we have here.
  • getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started at 320 on december 8th 2016
    Today im 238. A long way to go but I meet ur 80+ lb threshold. I once heard you can break any bad habit in 6 months and lately, eating less and moving more feels normal. My 3 point advice:

1. Get a fitbit or fitness tracker
    2. Add friends on there and mfp, theyll help keep you accountable
    3. Im a working mom too, try to get ur kids involved. Go to the park, hike, rollerskating, trampoline park, doesnt matter as long as youre moving
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I've list slightly over 100 pounds so far; 20ish more pounds to hit my goal. I'm a single mom with 6 kids ages 5-17 and I'm, by no means, unique on this site. So, yeah, it's definitely doable.
    *Weigh and measure everything that goes in your mouth.
    *Stick to a modest --not punishing-- calorie deficit.
    Just do those two things and you will lose weight. I will add one thing, however; I wish I had started lifting weights from day one. That has had the most impact on my body composition. (Also, it's just awesome. I love it.)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say to everyone who shared their pics, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE STRONG. YOU ARE AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!