Calorie goal change. Freedom or guilt?

Options
So guys, I've recently gotten to goal weight (though I'd still like to tone up,) and at 5 foot 8, 130 pounds, i went through a really really terrible time and have since moved house. Under the circumstances I was encouraged to switch to maintenance calories and omg guys- I feel so free. Just being able that eat at maintenance and have it not come up as negative calories?. I mean I've eaten at maintenance before but never actually switched my goals because I thought that would make me eat even more. It has not had that affect. Instead of feeling guilty, this has made me feel way better about just listening to my body. Anybody else ever done this? How did it feel?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,609 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing good! Woohoo!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm not at maintenance yet, but after 4 months at a low calorie level, I just upped my intake by 200 calories and I feel liberated! Congrats on reaching your goal!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The feeling of maintenance is so nice. It's just nice not to have to even think about wanting to lose.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It sounds like switching to maintenance is a perfect plan for you right now. When I'm trying to cut, I take periodic diet breaks and eat at maintenance, and I usually have the same kind of freeing feeling you're describing. Enjoy it :smile:
  • boulank
    boulank Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it's working for you! Last time I got to my goal weight before my last baby I remember how happy I was getting to eat at maintenance. :smiley: