Vegan Protein powder??

Options
Anyone have any suggestions on a tasty Vegan protien powder?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I like Vega. The Whole Foods 365 line has some tasty options too.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love Vega Protein and Greens, both chocolate and vanilla are great. They also have a mixed berrie one I haven't tried. Also it is a SOY FREE vegan protein! Soy just rips my tummy up :s
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are in the world, but My Protein's vegan blend tastes good although it can often have a gritty texture so you have to use a hand blender rather than a shaker.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Hate Vega. Love PlantFusion Lean. Whole Foods and vitamin shops have tons of single-serving packets for trial.
  • clik411
    clik411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like Source of Life Garden VPM Naked Protein by Natures Plus. It is unflavored and unsweetened so you can add whatever fruit you want.
  • Rhayemun
    Rhayemun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Orgain is my FAVE :heart:
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Boku is hands down the best quality wise. Extremely reputable company. The taste isn't terrible. I prefer plain to chocolate. The only really good tasting protein powders (including whey) that I've found had a bunch of sugar and junk in them. If you take it as a meal replacement (or aren't on a huge deficit) you can add a little fruit and make a smoothie and then you don't even taste it at all!
  • lexmb1
    lexmb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vega makes me nauseous. I now take Organika Vege-Pro or Bulk Barn's pea protein powder.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Rhayemun wrote: »
    Orgain is my FAVE :heart:

I second this. I have the chocolate fudge and peanut butter flavors and I get it at Costco. So good!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't like Vega, but I like Orgain. I subscribe to the vanilla and chocolate versions on Amazon.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    The one I have currently is MyProtein Chocolate Vegan Blend which is my favourite so far, and the only one I've been able to drink with just (plant) milk. The Brown Rice one is ok, but IMO needs other things added like a banana and/or PB.

Note that I've always used a proper blender for all shakes. It can be a little grainy so I wouldn't mix by hand with a fork or shaker as it won't be smooth enough.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Huel is good, its a total food substitute, but high in protein. They have plain, which tastes like oatmeal, and vanilla, which has artificial sweetners, there are also flavour sachets that you can add.
  • chantelledes3
    chantelledes3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use hemp protein with almond/hazlenut milk, cacao powder and reduced fat peanut powder. I've tried a lot of vegan protein powders and this is the only one which doesn't make me gag!
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love MRM's protein powder! The Veggie Elite is DELICIOUS!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I might be one of the only people on MFP that honestly really likes Garden of Life. The only one that I've ever had from them that I wasn't that crazy about was their Vanilla Chai Raw Protein. Even then, it wasn't bad -- it just needed some sprucing up with a little extra stevia and cinnamon. Sun warrior makes some really great formulations too.

As for hemp protein...ick! I know that it has a great nutritional profile, but I just can't bring myself to choke that stuff down! No matter how I mix it, I still feel like I'm drinking someone's freshly mowed lawn. :s
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I also love MRM Veggie Protein, Vanilla. It's pea, brown rice and hemp protein, sweetened with stevia, and has a high ORAC supplement, digestive enzymes and fiber. I sometimes add my own cacao powder or pumpkin pie spice. Or sometimes greens or frozen berries.