weight loss tips and tricks

Options
Does anyone have any tips or tricks they want to share with me about weigh tloss? i cant seem to be loosing any weight and i am eating most of my calories and i am exercising but not having any luck

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    are you drinking all your water?
    getting 8 hours of sleep a night?
    are you eating things with hidden calories?
    are you under a lot of stress?
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    no tricks really, just time, and try to look at your food diary and see what is over, salt, fat, etc... mix up you workouts, i find circuit training very helpful, get a hrm , make sure you are really burning the calories you see on the treadmill, etc...for example, my stationary bike stated I was burning more than my heart rate,
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Make sure your calorie goal isnt to high. If you arent losing weight....take a look at your goal. My goal is 1200 calories a day....but more if I exercise. I began in April....and now....it is August....have lost 43 pounds so far. I eat my 1200 calories during the week...and up my calories on weekends. Mostly because I have worked so hard during the week! : ) BEst of luck!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I second that morganadk2. When you say you are almost eating your calories, what does that mean? You need to eat the calories that MFP tells you to, and then any that you burn at the gym, you need to eat back. Remember that the calories that MFP tells you to eat are already taking into account what you want to lose, so if you then exercise, your body isn't getting enough nutrition and will hold everything that you eat rather than burn it. Some other tricks
    - drink more water. if you drink 8 glasses, up it to 12. the more you drink, the less you retain
    - up your cardio, reduce weight training.

I just had this same issue. I lost 4 lbs right away, but then gained back three. I was eating the right foods, and exercising. But, I realized that I wasn't eating enough. My body needed more fuel. I now eat all my exercise calories, cut back on the weights, increased my cardio, and increased my water intake. I almost immediately started losing again. In about a week I have lost the 3 I put back on and also 2.6 more. So, try those things.
  • michelledehority
    Options
    if your food diary is accurate, you arent eating enough, cant lose that way. you are supposed to have 1200 minimum.
  • Atthea
    Atthea Posts: 53
    Options
    Go to bed hungry, that is one powerful tool !!
    Then you wake up and have water and a nice protein breakfast==> omelet, cheese, veggies.
    Cut sodium mostly and sugars.

Easier said then done I know but effective on the long run.
    Hang in there and remember at least you ARE NOT gaining !!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your caloric intake. You're listed for 2100 but only eating 1400. Maybe you not only need to eat more of the base calories but also half the exercise calories.. You did gain another 400+ cals. If you eat too little your body will not let go of the weight.

Been there .. done that! :tongue:
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    If you know you're watching your diet and exercising, patience and perseverance are key. Don't let the scale rule your life and ruin your day.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    if your food diary is accurate, you arent eating enough, cant lose that way. you are supposed to have 1200 minimum.

Exactly at least for the past week your not eating enough. Your net calories need to be no lower than 1200 for the whole day including your exercise burnt.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    thanks all, i dont eat the calories i burn and it may not seem like i am eating alot but my body lets me know when i am full if i eat more then my body tells me to then i get sick and end up throwing up.i know i am loosing inches i just want to see the lbs go down
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump..