keto diaries

Options
i've been counting calories for the last month and i have not lost anything in the last 2 weeks. i've gained. :neutral: yes, i am weighing my foods.
i'm really thinking about trying keto, and maybe trying some intermitted fasting too. (rip me)
i need some keto friends with open diaries pleaseeeee :blush:

Replies

• Amry1213
    Amry1213 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    DITTO!! Keto friends por favor! :p
  • knosti
    knosti Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing Keto for a few months, down 19 lbs. I consider myself an experienced keto-er. I've done a TON of research and I'm pretty creative when it comes to being satisfied with this way of life. I'd love to share recipes, product reviews, etc. Send me a friend request if you want to see my diary. Honestly, I haven't been keeping it for a while now because I know what to eat and I frequently eat the same things day after day. I just completed yesterday and I'll keep it moving forward if anybody is interested. I don't stress about my fat but I'm militant about my carbs and protein.
  • mgeyer19
    mgeyer19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to see your diary. I am new to this forum. How do you send friend request?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Keto will cause a water weight drop initially. Just be aware that is not fat loss. If you are not insulin resistant, keto has no metabolic advantage for fat loss. In the end, it's all about the energy balance equation. If keto helps you control hunger and cravings, as it does for some, and you prefer to eat this way and will comply with calorie targets, it's up to you.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Keto lifer here with open diary. Knock yourself out snooping! ;)
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok help me out here, please. Keep hearing how great keto diet is but i don't understand.
  • vevankova
    vevankova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Knosti, I would love access to your diary for guidance. I tried to send you a message but it didn't go through.

I've been doing keto on and off, such as the Banting Diet and LCHF.

I have determined that this diet though will save me medically as well because I've been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and they are saying high carb (refined sugar and wheat) have been the culprit.

Anyways, I would love to be able to see your diary and so forth as I need to get serious about this and need some guidance!
  • bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for about 12 days and lost 14 lbs. I've been logging all food for about 10 days. My job is lightly active, other than that, I've done no exercise. You're welcome to friend me and look at my diary, but keep in mind my stats are no doubt quite different from yours. 282 lbs./180lbs. LBM
    3 years ago I lost about 50lbs on keto over 6 months. Weight loss stabled to about 2 lbs./week after the first 3 weeks. And I was weightlifting 3-5 days/week.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    rosalie115 wrote: »
    Ok help me out here, please. Keep hearing how great keto diet is but i don't understand.

@rosalie115 ...and what, pray tell, is it that you don't understand?
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite keto, but close. Most of my meals would meet keto requirements, and I probably hit the same macros most days.
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keto for 3 years in Dec. Diary is open. I stopped logging for a long time but I'm back at it. Down 60 lbs which i maintained
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    i've been counting calories for the last month and i have not lost anything in the last 2 weeks. i've gained. :neutral: yes, i am weighing my foods.
    i'm really thinking about trying keto, and maybe trying some intermitted fasting too. (rip me)
    i need some keto friends with open diaries pleaseeeee :blush:

KETO is the best! I was on the same boat as you and now I'm losing and have so much energy. I am never hungry and its not that hard. in a couple months I will start carb cycling so its def no RIP ..good luck
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of history on my food diary but if it will help others I'll try to keep up with it. You can see what I have on there. Its been a few weeks since I added data. Good luck.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    You still have to count calories while doing keto or fasting or both.. if counting calories isn't working for you.. It's cause you are not logging correctly and that problem will not just resolve itself with a certain list of foods