Restarting for like the 100th time

Options
ahebert55
ahebert55 Posts: 9 Member
edited September 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I'm a 38 year old single mom trying to get healthy. I've got quite a bit yo loose.

Replies

• AlexandraWk89
    AlexandraWk89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • nikiamber22
    nikiamber22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 38 next month so we are same age. I've lost about 70 but still have another 50 to lose. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to. I know what it's like to start over and over.. :)
  • renmac15
    renmac15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my 100th time restarting to lol we got this :) feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ashwalker1010
    ashwalker1010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a33 year old mom of two who also needs to lose a little over 100 lbs. So I understand what you are going through. Feel free to add me so we can be support for each other. Wishing you all the best, you got this!
  • LeacyPeacy
    LeacyPeacy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'll do my best to encourage anyone. I've lost 77 pounds, my health has improved so much. You can do it too!
  • lose2gain2017
    lose2gain2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same!
  • nerdherdshepherd
    Options
    Me too. We can do this!
  • attitude90
    attitude90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have took the first and most important step you are going for it again I have lost 95lbs still got more to loose let's *SMASH THIS* add me if you want
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You WILL LOSE weight if you consistently eat less than you burn. But you have to do, not just try.

Set up MFP to lose 1% of your body weight per week. You get a calorie number to hit. Hit it. Every day. You lose weight. Simple.

Simple is not the same as easy. But you can make it as easy or as difficult as you want.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity, why do people stop? If you continue you would not have to restart, and go through the whole process again. If you restart, what are you going to do different so that you do not stop?
    Sorry if this sounds presumptuous, but I just wonder, as I started this journey 3 years ago, and never looked back (well, actually I started it 33 years ago, when I gave up alcoholic beverages :( )
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and then go and read my profile page. You will see everything that I have been through just to get to this point. Loosing weight and getting healthy is a challenging thing to do and it seems like society is against us. We must rally together to break through to the healthy inner us. We can do this!!!!!!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, why do people stop? If you continue you would not have to restart, and go through the whole process again. If you restart, what are you going to do different so that you do not stop?
    Sorry if this sounds presumptuous, but I just wonder, as I started this journey 3 years ago, and never looked back (well, actually I started it 33 years ago, when I gave up alcoholic beverages :( )

I can't speak for others, but for me it was because of an unrealistic viewpoint. When I lost three years ago, I thought 'Sweet, I don't have to log any more, as long as I stay super active I can eat like everyone else does' etc etc. Three years later and I had to restart. While I had learned good lessons during my first round, I hadn't identified my keystone habit, the one that everything else would hang on. I'm pretty sure now that it's the accountability of logging what I eat. Not everyone's keystone habit will be the same, but we all have one.

And there was value in succeeding the first time, there has been value in the setback I went through, and I will use all those lessons to continue to be a stronger, healthier, more deliberate version of myself. At the end of the day, it's the best I can do.

And to the OP, I agree with those who say not to 'try' getting healthy, start being healthier. You've taken a proactive step by even looking at MFP. There's a ton of wisdom on here. Start simply and build on that. You can do this, but it does take doing, not trying. You can do this :)