No weight loss?

Options
I started working out about a month ago. I have a calorie deficit everyday. I exercise 4-5 days a week on average 1 hour. I often will do 15 on rower, 15 on stationary bike, 15/20 on stair climber, run/walk 1 mile and sit ups, squats, and occasional arm work.

Is there a reason my exercise routine is not appropriate for weight loss? Gaining muscle?

(36 years old, hr 140 rower, 125 bike, and 175 on stairs)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, but often when people don't lose when they expect to it is due to logging errors.

If you open your diary, we may be able to help you out.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The average woman gains something like 1/4 to 1/2 pound of muscle per month under ideal conditions (calorie surplus, progressive lifting, etc). It's not common to gain enough muscle that you don't see a weight loss while in a calorie deficit. It could be water retention to help cushion and repair those muscles when you start a new workout routine, but you'd expect that to drop off after a few weeks, not hang around for a month.

Have you taken these steps yet?
    tevht98aafly.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • krisynorton
    krisynorton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to open my diary? I wonder if I'm not getting enough rest in between workouts and I think my logging may be a bit off. I guess I need to be more strict. I had been easily maintaining my weight on my prior non exercise regimen of a life I would think with the same eating and added exercise id be losing pretty quickly and easily
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    To open your diary you can go to Settings > Diary Settings and then choose Public.