Keto newbie: Weight gain with intermediate fasting

Options
Has anyone else experienced these gains? Or am I doing it wrong? Or should I continue the remainder of the week like this? I'm trying to keep it simple with meat, veggies, and nuts with plenty of water almost a gallon for now. Thanks in advance <3

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are u monitoring your calorie intake. I've never done keto, so I don't know the rules
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    Yes I've weighed and logged all food portions. Intake 1200 sometimes less.
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    The scale fluctuates between 2-3 lbs, I try to weigh myself every few days. Im eating Salmon, chicken, asparagus, spring mix, egg whites, almonds, avacado, almond butter, pork rinds, roasted turkey deli meat and cheese for the most part of my meal prep. I take mct oil daily. Oh I did have halo tops icecream earlier this week.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and log all of those things?
    2-3 lbs is within the range of normal fluctuations imo, how long have you been around the sane weight?
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    Yes. I'm measuring 4oz portions. I've been stuck at same weight for 2weeks. I was eating 6 meals every 2.5 hours but I cut it down to 3. Maybe that's the cause for the stale. Or not eating back the calories I burn after fasted cardio 3x a week.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm measuring 4oz portions. I've been stuck at same weight for 2weeks. I was eating 6 meals every 2.5 hours but I cut it down to 3. Maybe that's the cause for the stale. Or not eating back the calories I burn after fasted cardio 3x a week.

You are not staying the same weight due to meal frequency. Meal frequency is irrelevant. If you are not eating exercise calories, you are creating a bigger deficit so would be losing.

You eat 4 oz portions of every food mentioned? :/ I'm guessing not... I'm also guessing you have logging issues and you're eating more than you think. You need to weigh every solid/semi-solid , and measure every liquid. Check all your database entries for accuracy.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh chicken or nuts in ounces. Grams and a digital scale are your friend. These foods are very calorie-dense.

You need to watch this about calorie-counting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

then read the Most Helpful Posts

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    I will log more efficient over the next week and see if that is where my error is occurring. Thanks for the tips, I will update this on Monday if the scale budges a little bit lol
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking solé water, or doing something to get more sodium, potassium, and magnesium? This is essential for keto. I'd also suggest going to 2-3 meals per day with your macros split evenly between them. I do high protein/moderate fat keto, and I get leg cramps and Charlie horses if I forget to drink my solé water, but I've noticed the weight drops a little faster when I'm drinking regularly, too.
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    @jayney777 I had the impression sugar alcohol in halo top ice cream doesn't spike blood sugar insulin. I went to the groceru store yesterday to get Quest bars as recommended but those have more sugar than the icecream and atkins bars.

• BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    @spacecase76 I use pink Himalayan salt on everything. Im drinking spring water my the jug w/ lemon, some days a gallon other days half a gallon. I have drank bcaa in my water as well. Where do you purchase the solé water?
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    @Orphia that link is very helpful thank you!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @spacecase76 I use pink Himalayan salt on everything. Im drinking spring water my the jug w/ lemon, some days a gallon other days half a gallon. I have drank bcaa in my water as well. Where do you purchase the solé water?

I make it myself. This is how I make mine. https://wellnessmama.com/12158/make-sole/
  • jayney777
    jayney777 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @BeautifulHalfMermaid It still has organic cane sugar in it and that is still sugar just not refined and full of toxins. Its hard, but there can be absolutely no natural sugar (even fructose) consumed when eating high fat foods like pork rind, cheese and nuts. Stay with stevia and other artlificial sweetners.
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    Lost 1.8 lbs since posting this.
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    @gamerbabe14 The calculations have me at 1300 intake to shed 1.5lbs a week. Im not over eating but you maybe on to something with the calories out. Im using my fitbit and I am never sure how accurate it is. :s
  • BeautifulHalfMermaid
    Options
    @jayney777 what about the Atkins bars or quest bars? No?