Woohoo, I did it, I reached my goal!

Options
JennJ323
JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
edited September 2017 in Success Stories
I’ll give you a little background on how I got to the point where I needed to join MFP and to where I am now 

Back in 2009 I bought a house with my then boyfriend, it was the first time I had lived alone (out of my parents house) and was responsible for all my meals, shopping etc. I was alone a lot due to his work schedule, so I ate a lot and sat around a lot. Before I knew it I went from 120s to 170lb! I remember leaving a basketball game and texting with my sister, we both decided the next day we’d start “dieting.” At first I did the weight watchers point system (I got the food values/points from a friend and used that, so I didn’t actually join) and eventually I switched to counting calories and added in walking 3 miles several times a week. It worked, it took about 18 months and I was back down to my starting weight. I maintained that for a few years, through my wedding and then gaining a little prior to getting pregnant. In 2014 when I got pregnant with my daughter I was 139lb, only gained 28lb during that pregnancy. I lost most of the baby weight quickly after having her.. then just kind of let myself go and didn’t care about what I ate, I was too busy and there was certainly no time for exercising with a brand new baby.

That brings us to my current weight loss journey.. in December I decided enough was enough, I was up to 155lb (which I realize in the grand scheme of things that isn’t too overweight, but on my 5’2” frame it was a lot for me!) So I redownloaded MFP and started tracking calories, didn’t add any exercise at this point. Very slowly I started losing some weight.. by June I had lost 10lb. On June 12th I bought a new digital scale and a digital food scale and got serious, up until then I feel like I was very casual about logging and exercising. I started weighting myself daily, and being diligent about weighing my food! And all I did for exercise was walk, I walked each lunch break during the work week and walked 3-4 nights a week after dinner. I definitely had times where I threw it all to the wind and didn’t care what I ate/drank and just enjoyed myself! I would be bummed stepping on the scale the next day, but just kept trucking along and quickly the pounds started falling off. Between June 12th and today I’ve lost 17.2lb for a grand total of 26.4lb! My goal is 128, I weighed 128.6 this morning, close enough for me to celebrate reaching my goal!

From here I’m not quite sure what to do. I think I’ll stay at my current calorie allowance and see if maybe I can inch a little close to 125lb, but I am perfectly happy where I am today! Eventually I’ll start adding to my calories to reach maintenance, but I am worried I’ll start gaining by adding, so that’s why I want to do it slowly. I've loved being a part of MFP and will continue to log in a read message boards and cheer everyone on!

I’ve attached a few photos, I don’t have a lot of full body shots, and I don’t think pictures look a whole lot different, but in real life and my clothes (went from a size 8 to a size 2/4) there is a huge difference!

d393ze7o02cm.jpg
4djto0jwud68.jpg
h1nd1b73nh77.jpg

us5hd20kyb7t.jpg
bmelvwsnyrtp.jpg

Replies

• Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss! You look amazing in both before and after pics.
    Even at 155 you carried your weight well. I am 5'2 and 155 pounds currently but I look too bulky and my body is in a real bad shape *sighs*. But you look fantastic! Wish you all the best :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fit and happy!
  • kristinck1985
    kristinck1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! You look awesome!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • JennJ323
    Options
    Smaya29 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your weightloss! You look amazing in both before and after pics.
    Even at 155 you carried your weight well. I am 5'2 and 155 pounds currently but I look too bulky and my body is in a real bad shape *sighs*. But you look fantastic! Wish you all the best :)

Thank you for saying that! Maybe the clothes hid it well lol But I was very uncomfortable being that weight for how tall I was.. and I think because I knew what it was like to be in the 120s (since I was for several years prior) it was killing me to see myself gain so much.

Best of luck to you too! Keep at it, you'll get there!
  • fabulous1690
    fabulous1690 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    you did wonderful- great work!
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job on reaching your goal! Well done!
  • Crushingit22
    Crushingit22 Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You are beautiful. Be proud!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, good luck with maintenance.
  • JennJ323
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!