Temptations suck

Options
Cookies.....the forbidden mistress of diets. I had three today which put me over my calories. What are some ways that you guys handle temptations?? Any advice and motivation is appreciated. Also, add me as a friend if you want, always looking for a bigger support group

Replies

• hobojo92
    hobojo92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with this! I used to buy Special K protein bars and nom on those when I had a cookie craving. You can find bars around 90-100 calories and they generally fulfilled my craving and made me feel full. Also I found that when I have a craving for something 'forbidden', drinking a glass of water helps A LOT!
    Add me I need new supportive friends!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A whole range of ways:
    Not have trigger foods available - not buy them, just buy what's on my shopping list.
    Instead eat all the foods I like, and plan delicious meals.
    Eat regular meals and just be a person who doesn't routinely eat outside of meals.
    Have somewhat different rules for normal days and special occasions.
    Not demonizing any foods, food groups or nutrients.
    Be sure I am the one who makes the decision to eat or not eat, freely, and then own that choice.
    Enjoy everything I eat, without regret or self-hate.
    Expect and accept that I will make mistakes, and that it's okay.
    Get some exercise and enough rest and sleep.
    Find effective ways to handle emotions.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You have to figure out what works for you. Different solutions people use:

1. don't buy it and/or don't keep it in the house
    2. keep it in the house and find a way to make room for you favorite treat every day
    3. only buy single packs so you have a treat when you want it, but can't eat a bunch at one time
    4. sometimes I make yummy stuff and freeze it, then I have to pull it out and microwave it to eat it, makes me think a little more before I eat it than when its just sitting on the counter and I can grab one, then another, then another....