Look what I bought!! Travel scale!

Options
Inspired by my "airport lady weighing food at restaurant" thread, I ordered this compact little scale from Amazon to go in my purse. Gonna get these last 20 lbs off fo' sho' !!!

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Can you put the link up for that scale? I've been meaning to track down your first post to check it for the link.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Inspired by my "airport lady weighing food at restaurant" thread, I ordered this compact little scale from Amazon to go in my purse. Gonna get these last 20 lbs off fo' sho' !!!

Cool! I remember that story. :-) It upped my courage to take care of myself better in public places.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have the same one!!
  • thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Me too! :)
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Can you put the link up for that scale? I've been meaning to track down your first post to check it for the link.

Hope this works!

American Weigh Scales AWS-600-BLK Digital Personal Nutrition Scale, Pocket Size, Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O37TDO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_FHUTNe7b3IrMw
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Ordered mine too!
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I need to understand what gets weighed when traveling. I'm thinking only produce could be weighed, and for that, a guesstimate would be ok. Meals at restaurants that do not have caloric counts on websites would be unreliable to weigh.
    * I travel and would really love to see if this is useful. Many foods I eat in travel are packaged or the restaurants have sites. Name common things weighed.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Certainly not a big burrito... the scale only goes up to 600 grams!
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would hate to see a 1.3 pound burrito.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Packaged foods can be weighed. The weight can be off up to 20% by law, I think. The lady I saw weighed her hamburger patty. I get that it won't be perfect but after all this time I still can't eyeball 100 grams or whatever but this would help some.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! I still prob won't use it on vacation, but for the rare days I eat lunch at the work cafeteria or out, I think it will be great to have. Anything that helps with these last 20 lbs!!'
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm going on a trip in December and was debating about bringing my food scale to weigh homemade foods. This is so much easier then bringing my regular one.