Divorce Diet: The best revenge!

Options
I want to loose 100 pounds! started at 255 a month ago now down to 243 goal weight 150 going through a divorce and taking care of myself is the best revenge! Add me if you are going through the same!

Replies

• celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think it is phenomenal you are losing weight and wanting to get in shape. And I am sorry your soon to be ex cheated. I would imagine right now you still have some anger and I don't blame you on that but to keep this up, my advice to you is to focus on YOU. YOU matter now, how YOU feel is what is most important. Good luck
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Sure, there's a common saying along the lines of, "Living well is the best revenge." I get where you are coming from.

Also, I tend to spend a lot more time in the gym when I'm single.

Years ago Elayne Boosler had a great routine about the "New Guys Will See Me Naked Diet." Alas, I cannot find it on youtube :(
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I get it. Living the good life is the best revenge! Live the good life!
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Go girl! Been there .. you will see you're so much happier.. 10 years here and loving every second !
  • TexasTanichka
    TexasTanichka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge, and getting healthy will definitely help you live well. I still use my ex as a focus point when I need motivation. It's all about reclaiming my life and achieving my goals- if I can prove that all of his insults were bs in the process, even better. Do your thing girl, it will make you feel better, healthier, and help you reclaim your self esteem.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting to lose weight.

I hope you find this an enjoyable process, and have so much fun being kind to yourself and feeling awesome, that you don't give a *kitten* what your ex, or anyone else thinks of you!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Could it be that the desire for revenge is the problem?
  • karl1901
    karl1901 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your ex cheated on you. My advice is not to use your breakup or anger at your ex as motivation for your weight loss. The emotions from the breakup will pass eventually and then will you have the commitment to keep losing weight and to maintain the loss?

Dropping 100 pounds is a huge achievement and you can do it if you put your mind to it. You'll need to "put your mind to it" for the rest of your life.

If you're working towards your doctorate you know how to stick to something long-term!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My soon to be ex husband cheated on me so instead of getting mad and lashing out or (getting revenge) I am focusing all my time and energy into myself and and in the end I hope he realizes what he missed out on!

Did he? If you didn't focus on yourself while you were with him what is he missing?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    How is doing something good for yourself revenge?

How is focusing on a negative emotion like revenge good for yourself?
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. About six months after my ex became my ex...he mentioned how much weight I'd lost. My response was, "It's amazing what you can do when you're happy." >:)

Now...I gained it back eventually...but my initial motivation had nothing to do with that.