Naughty!

Options
Hey MFP,
It's been a few days since I've logged on, and everything was going really well... eating right, exercising, joined a gym (!!)... and then... my birthday came along! So for the past few days I've been gorging on three course meals, endless cake, lots of cheeky drinks... and the most exercise I've done is boogying away with my friends! You'll notice my food diary is conspicuously empty... I couldn't cope with the shame of you lot all knowing the amount of (gorgeous) rubbish I've been consuming... so this is a public apology, and declaration that I WILL get back on track tomorrow (now I've told all you lot I'll have no choice but to keep my word haha!) We're all allowed to be naughty once in a while right? :p
Hope everyone is well,
A fat little piggy x

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    someone at the gym told me this ' even thin people like to pig out now and again' from this i gained the fact that if you admit you had a good time eating and do something about it, it aint all bad.

at least we are aware that we have been a little naughty :happy:

Stu
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    yep, once in a while...
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Get back on the horse! And Happy Belated BDay! :)
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    haha! I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago for mine....it happens. Just gotta get back on track. Happy belated bday :)
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    No apology necessary, of course! Good nutrition and exercise are key to a healthy life, but so is happiness and the ability to have fun! Glad you had a good birthday.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    It's good to be naughty sometimes! :wink:
    Otherwise we would all be in sour moods and stressed about little things.

Glad you had fun! :tongue: Happy belated birthday girl!
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Haha had a 4 day weekend like that 2 weekends back, not fun jumping on the scale at the end, but it happens. Just made up for everything I gained yesterday
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's okay to splurge once in awhile...you gotta enjoy life :bigsmile: As long as you get back on track and keep on working towards your goal then I don't see the harm in it. Happy belated Birthday!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I went on a 7 night cruise for my birthday last month, so you can just imagine what I did for a week !! Back to the gym and back to logging in the food diary. It was worth it though !!
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had a calorie hiatus this weekend too! I jumped back into things today and back full force. I am actually proud of myself, last night i went and logged everything i could think of that i didn't log. I felt i had to admit to myself what i did so it was in writing. I felt if i didn't log it, i was only cheating myself. So I logged it and like I thought I was over nor did I have any exercise. BUT im totally ok with it, because just like you, I HAVEN'T AND WON'T GIVE UP! I didn't fail im still here! You should say the same to yourself, great to see you back! :)
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    No biggie just start again, can't let it get to you. Happy Birthday
  • dailyorange
    Options
    Hey don't apologize! It was your birthday! I was the same with my birthday a month ago and after the weekend I just went back to my normal routine of eating healthy and exercising! Happy belated! :)
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Happy birthday. I think the most important thing for anyone with a passion for scrumptious foods is to break the cycle of shame eating. There is a big difference between knowing a food (or a few days) is not an ideal nutritional choice, and feeling bad about it. Glad you enjoyed it and are still glowing from the glorious indulgence...keep that shine!

Your head seems in the right place to simply get back on the program, it's just that easy. : )
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    We all fall off once in a while and we all get naughty and have some fun too...especially for a birthday etc. the important thing is NOT to beat yourself up over it, and to get back on track and look at it as a bump. if you beat yourself up, and TOTALLY deprive yourself 100% of the time, dieting will become such a miserable chore that you will be bound to ditch after a while. of course we can't indulge too much or else we'll get frusterated with our diet attempts too.

Suz
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Our anniversary was last week, we got very naughty. We baked a chocolate cake from scratch, using an Anne Thornton recipe. It was the best gosh darn chocolate cake.

Turns out I gained last week, but its expected. Being naughty was worth it.

Besides, we'll preparing ourselves throughout August to be very very naughty this holiday.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    haha dear you have no one to apologize to. you're doing this for yourself - your mind, body & soul.. it's a lifestyle and in life.. events happen. its funner when it's a birthday =) you're allowed to enjoy it! Diet breaks are good! A little secret... everyone does it every once in a while .. it teaches your body how to metabolize the good with the bad. Now go do your thing girl! =)
  • patticrn
    Options
    I was a bad girl last night too! But jumped right back on the horse today! Just finished stocking my kitchen will all
    the stuff to keep me on track!! Happy Birthday!!!
  • tetra85
    tetra85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.... Its okey once in a while.... Saturday I went 2300 kal over....!!!! :-D

Just get back on the horse again. :o)

And happy birthday....! Hope you had fun. :o)