55 pounds in 255 days need help after gall bladder surgery

2»

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    My Mother-in-law had her gall bladder out 15 years ago, and I had mine out 10 years ago. She has had problems with fruits and vegetables since, but I don't know if it's related. I can eat anything without a problem.

I learned after my surgery that weight loss can be hard on the gall bladder, and many people who lose a lot of weight end up having theirs removed. It's not just over-eating fatty foods that causes gall bladder problems.
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2017
    Whoops!
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    My mother had hers out. High fat bothers her s bit, but not too much. Like, she will feel it if she eats 3-4 slices of cheese pizza. Nothing she comes across too often. She did say it caused more problems early on than it does now, so I think symptoms ease up.

Me too (2yrs post op), just have to avoid too much melted cheese as feel a bit sicky otherwise.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Try to just get some walking in and drink plenty of water. I had mine out and didn't change my diet. I do notice if I eat too much fat like too much pizza or fish and chips.... You probably retaining water. Try not to eat indiscriminately.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Don't worry about the scale, focus on healing.
    I was sick for a couple of weeks and gained 10 pounds, and now that I'm up and about again I've lost 8 pounds in 4 days. It will come off again for you too.
    Good luck with your journey!
  • 100poundproject
    100poundproject Posts: 13 Member
    My experience was and is awful but this won't happen to you. I suffer from fructose malabsorption, SIBO, candida, diverticulosis and now Bile Acid Malabsorption. I can't do any foods hardly. My life has become hell. I will be 3 years post surgery in February. I have problems with all fats, wheat, dairy, sugar, fruits, most veggies, avocados, most other grains, nuts, all oils. I get severe bloating everyday, diarrhea everyday, low vitamin issues, heart palpitations, heart racing and more. Everyone else I know went back to a normal life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!