Low-cal cookie recipes?

Options
One of the wedding gifts my husband and I got was a really cute set of animal-shaped cookie cutters. I haven't used them yet for two reasons :

1. I have very little experience with baking.

2. As someone who is trying to eat healthy, nutritious food as much as possible... cookies are not something I want to have in the house!

Issue 1 is something that can only be corrected with time and practice. I was hoping that you resourceful Fitness Pals might be able to help me with Issue 2.

Do you have any recipes for low-fat, low-cal but still tasty cookies? I'm partial to chocolate, honey and raisins but I'm open to trying new things.

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet, but I"m addicted to her site: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2009/10/raw-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough.html
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com and hungry-girl.com has some awesome cookie recipes if you are alright with using splenda! :smile:
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I'm fine with Splenda (I'd rather stick to real sugar, though) but I'd heard that you can't use it for baking! Was I misinformed?
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific recipe at this time, but a good tip is to replace butter/margerine with applesauce in recipes. You can replace the entire amount of butter in cakes and muffins, but it turns out better when you do half butter and half applesauce for cakes. It ends up lowering your calories by a fair bit.
  • Britt22706
    Options
    You can definitly use Splenda for baking. Although, it bakes differently than real sugar, meaning things may not brown the same as they do with natural sugar. Although they should taste similar if not the same.