Calories as Currency?

Options
fabulous1690
fabulous1690 Posts: 44 Member
Is it just me or do others see calories as currency? I find myself at times when considering what to eat, totting up the calorie amount and then telling myself whether I can afford them or not. Or such and such food costs too much, lol. Anybody?

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm a big spender. :(
  • fabulous1690
    Options
    Lol so do you debate whether you can afford the cost of certain foods or meals?
  • fabulous1690
    Options
    How does that work? The more you eat the more you have?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of it in that manner, but I do see the similarity.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I do this! I have a good think, especially with 'treats', to see if it's worth the cost! :D:D
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! Its like, yep that pizza looks good but it costs too much, ill be broke...lol
  • thehecticrexic
    thehecticrexic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I definitely think this! I have x amount per day, and I have to work to earn more.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do. A deposit is made each day in my account... while I eat the same stuff most days, if I change it I have to ask myself can I afford it or not (especially on the weekends). This might be one of those "what others consider odd about you" things.
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I get it and I'm like that. My husband will ask me "do you have enough credits?" and I might respond "I think I can afford it" when we're trying to figure out if some random snack or eating out will fit into my daily calories.
  • sant7012
    sant7012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and my friends think it's weird.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I wish I budgeted my money as well as I've been budgeting my calories.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    In regards to today's lunch......It looks like that maybe I took out a loan of which there is no intention of repaying.

Thunderbird_Hopdoddy2014_PhotoBy_MattLankes.jpg?format=500w
  • fabulous1690
    Options
    Ace!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I'll sacrifice things so I can "afford" others if I think they're worth it.

There's things I rarely eat (rice) as I don't think they're worth the spend.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    In regards to today's lunch......It looks like that maybe I took out a loan of which there is no intention of repaying.

Thunderbird_Hopdoddy2014_PhotoBy_MattLankes.jpg?format=500w

I'd consider a repayment plan for this! :#<3
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • lilfirebug1
    lilfirebug1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It sure is a precious commodity when it comes to the calories spent on food...I treat my exercise that way lol...the more calories burned the more calories added to my day to spend...helps on those days where you just want that treat or are simply hungry an want more food without breaking the bank
  • valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Better yet, calories as a budget.