Fitbit problem

Options
Hi,
I log my exercise calories in MFP, I have my Fitbit synced to MFP, but when I try to overright the calories burned and the time (for more accurate numbers- based off of my heart rate), on the MFP app, it then adds that ON TOP of the Fitbit calories- showing that I've burned double what I have. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm confused - you have them linked but then you change the adjustment? Why not just unlink them then if you're not going to keep the adjustment?
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do keep the adjustment for regular walking, but for actually working out I adjust it to what it actually is that I burn.
  • simplesarah1982
    simplesarah1982 Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I had the same problem. I did 45m HIIT class last night and it said only 177 calories burned, surely that's not right?? I tried to change it but it didn't like it???
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Options
    I am telling you... I think MFP is glitching?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I do keep the adjustment for regular walking, but for actually working out I adjust it to what it actually is that I burn.

Oh I see now - you want the extra calories for non-step stuff.... When you add the correct times it should override it but sometimes it takes until it syncs again. So it doubles it for a while and then works itself out.

• Sheseeksstrength
    Options
    But it NEVER works itself out. It stays doubled...
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually accept the conservative estimate for aerobic workouts that Fitbit provides. In this case; "its better to understate, than to overstate"✨
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Delete any exercise manually added to MFP. All exercise adjustments should come from Fitbit. Manually add exercises in the Fitbit App. Previous amounts calculated by your tracker will be overwritten in Fitbit App and then passed to MFP. It will still be one adjustment number in MFP but exercise detail will be in the Fitbit App. Hope this helps!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You have to adjust on Fitbit, not MFP.
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Options
    Awesome!! So let's say I was biking, for example, and if said I burned 30 calories in an hour when obviously I would burn closer to 300. I can pick the time I was biking and fill that in on Fitbit and it will transfer to MFP correctly?
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Correct. It overwrites the calorie burn for that time period. Not sure which Fitbit you have.. I have the Charge HR. You can search on the Fitbit sight for additional info some step based activity will auto track :smile: