Stay-at-home-moms 2/2-2/8

Options

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone must be having a very busy day. I just had to share a little something....

I usually walk the mile to my sons school to pick him up and then the mile home. I never added this in as exercise cuz I didn't really think that the calories would add up to much. So today I wore my HRM just to see how many I burned during the walk (plus standing around waiting for him). 280 calories. Now granted total time was 60 minutes...but 280 cals in 60 minutes is better than driving over there and not burning anything. 280 calories is a nice snack or better yet dessert!!!! I think I'll start adding it every time.
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Welcome newbies!!! It's a great site and wonderful people!!:flowerforyou:

Well I am not doing so well today! I haven't worked out and I didn't eat very well for lunch. I did do well this morning with a smart one breakfast sandwich and the for a snack I had a chocolate oat fiber one bar. Then lunch came around and I had chicken flavored Ramen Noodles. I have been craving pasta lately!! Not sure why and to top it all off Alfredo, which is so bad for ya. I just can't seem to get back into the groove of things. I am all over the place. I don't want to gain my weight back, but I want to eat whatever and drink my pop again. Has anyone ever gone through this only weeks into this new lifestyle change??

I am just really struggling right now!!::frown:
    Hello fellow moms! I am new to this - just joined on Jan. 18th - loving the site and just starting to look at the posts/blogs etc. Mrsbuzz - I am totally going through what you are going through. I am craving COKE and MINI EGGS and ICECREAM and CHOCOLATE and MCDONALDS...SO BAD!!! What I am finding is if I plan my day to allow myself the odd treat it helps. The other day I knew we were having ice cream cake and I just made a salad for lunch and dinner and went on the treadmill and allowed myself enough calories for the cake - that is not to say I haven't had a couple days that I COMPLETELY BLEW IT - yikes! I had one day where I was almost 500 over! But I am learning to dust myself off and start over again the next day - instead of starting a downward spiral of self loathing and eating like in the past. Hang in there - I am hoping it gets easier...for both of our sakes :wink:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Harter! Glad you decided to join the group. Its great in here. We have a lot of wonderful women who are so encouraging!! Thanks for your encouraging words! It's just been great!:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Welcome newbies!!! It's a great site and wonderful people!!:flowerforyou:

Well I am not doing so well today! I haven't worked out and I didn't eat very well for lunch. I did do well this morning with a smart one breakfast sandwich and the for a snack I had a chocolate oat fiber one bar. Then lunch came around and I had chicken flavored Ramen Noodles. I have been craving pasta lately!! Not sure why and to top it all off Alfredo, which is so bad for ya. I just can't seem to get back into the groove of things. I am all over the place. I don't want to gain my weight back, but I want to eat whatever and drink my pop again. Has anyone ever gone through this only weeks into this new lifestyle change??

I am just really struggling right now!!::frown:

Hello fellow moms! I am new to this - just joined on Jan. 18th - loving the site and just starting to look at the posts/blogs etc. Mrsbuzz - I am totally going through what you are going through. I am craving COKE and MINI EGGS and ICECREAM and CHOCOLATE and MCDONALDS...SO BAD!!! What I am finding is if I plan my day to allow myself the odd treat it helps. The other day I knew we were having ice cream cake and I just made a salad for lunch and dinner and went on the treadmill and allowed myself enough calories for the cake - that is not to say I haven't had a couple days that I COMPLETELY BLEW IT - yikes! I had one day where I was almost 500 over! But I am learning to dust myself off and start over again the next day - instead of starting a downward spiral of self loathing and eating like in the past. Hang in there - I am hoping it gets easier...for both of our sakes :wink:

Welcome aboard Harter!

Im new to this group by a couple weeks, new to MFP as of Jan 6th. Great bunch here! Very supportive and informative!

I completely understand what your going through. I was pretty much in the same boat. I love to cook and bake so for me Ive had to find things I liked that I could fit in without sabotaging myself. You have the right mentality tho. Dust yourself off, do a you-turn and get back on track as soon as possible. That is what will make you successful in the longrun. Oh, and it does get easier. It gets easier to make better choices and pretty soon you wont be craving the fast food as bad. I used to be a drive-thru queen on a daily basis and at first it was REALLY hard to give up my burgers and fries. I havent told myself that I cant have it at all, just not everyday or even once a week. We did burgers last night for the first time in a month and honestly, it just wasnt even satisfying :laugh:

Anyway, just hang in there, we all know how hard it is to break old habits and form new ones! Aside from the weightloss tho, my skin looks better and my nails are actually growing! Definitely a perk of eating healthier also :laugh:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Hello Mommies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group Harter:flowerforyou:

This has been a crazy day for me, I was taking the kids to school and hubby calls me to tell me he put the truck in the ditch:noway: :grumble: *MEN* the milk hauler was a few minutes behind him and ended up pulling him out of the ditch. Got home and the teacher that we have come to the house once a week for Elizabeth for her 0 to 3yr progam was waiting so we were in the middle of our session and the vet showed up so the teacher left and Elizabeth and I headed to the barn and we ended up having to do surgery on a fresh cow:noway: :grumble: so now by the time we got to the house it was between 10:00-10:30 and I hadn't had breakfast yet then I had to pick the kids up from school at 12:15 cause they got out early cause of teacher training. I actually go the kids to go outside and play when they got home and I was able to get a 2 mile workout in:happy: Then this evening I went from milking cows to shower and then off to bowling and now am just checking in and making my check list for tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great evening and I will talk to ya tomorrow.

HUGS***NIGHT:flowerforyou: :yawn:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies,

How are you all doing this morning? The week is almost over and they are talking warmer weather for this weekend HURRAY!! Maybe then I can kick the kids outside and I can get some house work done. I don't seem to get much done during the winter months cause our house is SO small and the kids literally tear everything out that I just put away:grumble:

I had a bowl of multi-grain cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and a fat free cappuccino and I am about ready to go put in my Walk Away the Pounds dvd. Hope you all have a good morning:flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Morning ladies.

Our wonderful weather forecasters are saying its going to be about 45 today and upwards of 50 tomorrow. YIPPEE!!! I get to walk some more! Plus one of my son's classmates is coming home with us after school today and tomorrow so maybe we will stop at the park and let them play for a bit.

As you know I haven't been really gung ho about eating right and exercising this week, but I have stayed within my cals and have been getting my workouts in...just haven't put a lot of effort into it. But this morning I got on the scale and it said I was down 2 lbs....I hope that holds until I weigh in tomorrow!!! I'd be happy with even a 1 lb loss this week, cuz I really didn't expect any.

Welcome Harter!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • harter97
    Options
    Hello Mommies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group Harter:flowerforyou:

This has been a crazy day for me, I was taking the kids to school and hubby calls me to tell me he put the truck in the ditch:noway: :grumble: *MEN* the milk hauler was a few minutes behind him and ended up pulling him out of the ditch. Got home and the teacher that we have come to the house once a week for Elizabeth for her 0 to 3yr progam was waiting so we were in the middle of our session and the vet showed up so the teacher left and Elizabeth and I headed to the barn and we ended up having to do surgery on a fresh cow:noway: :grumble: so now by the time we got to the house it was between 10:00-10:30 and I hadn't had breakfast yet then I had to pick the kids up from school at 12:15 cause they got out early cause of teacher training. I actually go the kids to go outside and play when they got home and I was able to get a 2 mile workout in:happy: Then this evening I went from milking cows to shower and then off to bowling and now am just checking in and making my check list for tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great evening and I will talk to ya tomorrow.

HUGS***NIGHT:flowerforyou: :yawn:

WOW "abetterme" - I am tired and need a nap just from reading about your day!
  • harter97
    Options
    Question for some of you who may be more experienced with the whole exercise thing. I have been doing the weightloss setting on my treadmill and after 40 minutes I have burned about 170 calories...but the other day I bought a HR monitor watch and it has a calorie setting and it said that I burned 333 calories. How do I know what to believe? My treadmill doesn't ask my age, weight sex or anything - so how does it calculate my calories burned? How are calories burned even calculated?

Help?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Question for some of you who may be more experienced with the whole exercise thing. I have been doing the weightloss setting on my treadmill and after 40 minutes I have burned about 170 calories...but the other day I bought a HR monitor watch and it has a calorie setting and it said that I burned 333 calories. How do I know what to believe? My treadmill doesn't ask my age, weight sex or anything - so how does it calculate my calories burned? How are calories burned even calculated?

Help?

I would believe the HRM. If you have all the variables set correctly (height, weight, age, etc) and its working correctly, then I would trust what it says. As far as I know exercise equipment isn't very accurate. If you are still curious here is a website to help guesstimate cals burned.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=189
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Harter- I dont own a hrm, but have been looking for one of the watches. Ive been going by the gym equipment when determining the cals burned, but all the equipment is brand new and I get pretty similar results no matter what machine I use. Id say go with your hrm since you probably have that set to your stats for your body. When I do 45 minutes on the tread at the gym at about 3.4 pace and burn about 375 calories during that time so your HRM sounds more accurate to me :)

:drinker:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well I am doing okay this week. Not great, but good. It's the weekend and this is when I binge and don't give a darn and what I want. I have been struggling with the weekends. I want to make heathier choices, but I can't seem to get control over it and do it. I want what I want and by golly I am going to eat it. So I am struggling with that. :grumble: And because of that I am at a stand still. I lost 7lbs in two weeks and the last 2 I have kind of went up and down a lb or 2 and I am so mad. Because if I would lose 2 lbs I could be under 200 and that is exciting. I am just wondering if I am strong enough to do it. I LOVE food!!!!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Well Hello Mommies!!!!
    I've been gone for bout a week in the internet world..I just got my internet up n running again thank goodness...I've been staying away from the scales the last few weeks..gotta alot of female isusses goin on..Its that TOTM..Plus as a few of you know I may have cervical cancer which I am going for another test on Monday morning..I finally found a dr who would help me with the income I have and its only gonna be $27 which I can handle..Sense I was on last my ds Draven had his 6th birthday on Feb 1st..I cant believe how big my kids are gettin time sure flys...I hope everyone is doin ok n all..We are finally starting to see the snow melt here..WOOO HOOO Hopefully after next week I will be able to get back on the scales I know I've gained some but I'm not steppin on it til after Monday..I bet no one even noticed I was gone for a week lol...I'm glad to be back though....:drinker: :flowerforyou: Have a good weekend all..
    Dana:heart:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Good Morning All,

lenece--Good to see you back and I am glad you were able to find a dr. to help you. I am prayin for you that everything turns out ok. Kids sure don't stay little for long.:ohwell:

I am trying to find the motivation this morning to go do a workout. I am really hoping it warms up today so then maybe I could drive into town and put Elizabeth in the stroller and go for a walk outside:flowerforyou: Not much else going on this morning kind of slow but I shouldn't say that to loud cause it seems like just when I think I might have some time to relax that all changes.

Missing all of you mommies out there that haven't been on in awhile, (sorry my memory isn't the greatest and I am only recalling 3BB and Marla and the other one I can't remember her name but she is the mother to Ayden and she is in college (sorry for forgetting) )...

Hope everyone has a good Friday:flowerforyou:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    lenece, I hope your tests come back Negative.

I have done pretty good this week. I started tracking my sodium out of curiosity, I didn't realize I wasn't getting enough salt so I have been working on getting my sodium intake up. It's hard though, I don't like my food salty and I don'tcook with it as DH has somewhat higher BP and his fam has a history of being hypersensitive to salt. I guess I will have to find foods higher in sodium and such. Oh well I have lost a few inches now from my arms, legs hips and bust so I am happy. I am down a little over 4 pounds.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Dana I'm so happy to hear that you have found a doctor to help you. And yes we missed you!! Good luck with your appt. on Monday and I'm glad your internet is up and running again.

Abetterme-I'm glad you are seeing better weather. I can't even imagine having to deal with frozen pipes and barns and animals and a house full of kids in low temps like you guys were having.
    3BBs computer broke and we wont see her until she gets it back. Marla jumps in every once in a while. With her houseful and work load, I'm surprised we see her as often as we do ( I still don't know how you do it Marla!!) Supermom (Ayden's mom) I'm sure is very busy with her new school and work schedule. Last week she jumped on over the weekend, so I can't wait to hear from her in to next couple days. Hope you are surviving Supermom! There are others that have gone missing (hello Lori if you are out there) but I'm sure they will stop in at some point.

Winter-congrats on your weight loss

Mrsbuzz-Be proud of yourself for only flucuating a few lbs...it could have been worse. Focus on one thing this week.....either good food choices or getting your workout in everyday....and see how you feel at the end of the week. Baby steps.

I lost another 2 lbs this week :love: I'm now at 180...I haven't seen that on the scale since my son's 1st birthday...5 yrs ago. Hubby is home today and we are going out to lunch...Red Lobster. I'm so excited I can't contain it!!! They have a salmon/shrimp platter that I drool over everytime I see the commercial. Other than that exciting outing its gonna be same old same old for me.
    Hope you all have a great day!
  • abetterme
    Options
    Dana I'm so happy to hear that you have found a doctor to help you. And yes we missed you!! Good luck with your appt. on Monday and I'm glad your internet is up and running again.

Abetterme-I'm glad you are seeing better weather. I can't even imagine having to deal with frozen pipes and barns and animals and a house full of kids in low temps like you guys were having.
    3BBs computer broke and we wont see her until she gets it back. Marla jumps in every once in a while. With her houseful and work load, I'm surprised we see her as often as we do ( I still don't know how you do it Marla!!) Supermom (Ayden's mom) I'm sure is very busy with her new school and work schedule. Last week she jumped on over the weekend, so I can't wait to hear from her in to next couple days. Hope you are surviving Supermom! There are others that have gone missing (hello Lori if you are out there) but I'm sure they will stop in at some point.

Winter-congrats on your weight loss

Mrsbuzz-Be proud of yourself for only flucuating a few lbs...it could have been worse. Focus on one thing this week.....either good food choices or getting your workout in everyday....and see how you feel at the end of the week. Baby steps.

I lost another 2 lbs this week :love: I'm now at 180...I haven't seen that on the scale since my son's 1st birthday...5 yrs ago. Hubby is home today and we are going out to lunch...Red Lobster. I'm so excited I can't contain it!!! They have a salmon/shrimp platter that I drool over everytime I see the commercial. Other than that exciting outing its gonna be same old same old for me.
    Hope you all have a great day!

Good to see you this morning. I am so jealous that you get to go to Red Lobster...enjoy some for me. I am an hour away from anything anymore so for us to go to places like that it usually means a full day away from the farm and we don't get those too often.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    abetterme-- real quickly-- I'd been wanting to say hey to you for a couple mornings-- I think your life sounds simply incredible for those children. Today's kids have NO CONCEPT of what it takes to keep a family let alone a business running. They live for today and for themselves. Your kids truly sound as if they'll hit the ground some day so much better off for their childhood than the average kid, having truly worked and seen what it takes to survive. If a man shall not work, He shall not eat, it says in scripture.

I give my kids chores, but I'm humbled reading how hard you all work. God bless your family.

On a side note, we went to a local dairy farm not long ago for a homeschool field trip. They showed us the whole shebang, where the cows eat, what they eat, how they're milked, et cetera. It was fascinating, and the kids love it. Maybe some extra money for you and hubby if you were to do that?

Food for thought in these tough times--

Congrats on the 2 pounds, Lyn-- I'm stuck, stuck, stuck. I got on the scale this morning again "just for fun" to see if I'm down from my slimfast and new exercise routine. Puh-- nuttin'. :grumble: Still, I'm not giving up-- I just did my pushups for the day, and am heading to work.

Mrs. Buzz, SuperMom, Sara, Sara and Sara-- (I think there's a whole bunch of youse, right?) Harter, oh gosh-- senior moment-- heck, all of you-- blessings be yours this day--

Heading to work-- :heart: to all!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dave (DH) is on vacation this week so I haven't been on here quite as much. It's been kinda nice though because he's been wanting to spend a lot of time with Harley so I haven't changed many diapers, fed many bottles, or given too many naps this week.

Harley found out yesterday that her tongue is a pretty cool toy. So she's been sticking it out and drooling like crazy.

IMG_0430.jpg

Recently she started sitting up with her body weight on her hands. Today I sat her up that way. She pulled her arms up and still sat for 5-10 seconds unassisted...before flopping. She's getting too big!!
  • CassieNic
    Options
    Hi, I'll introduce myself again. Cassie, two kiddos, DS is 3 almost 4, DD is 3mos, DH is Joey, he is going on about 13. lol. :tongue:

Dana-Good luck with your Doc Appt. :flowerforyou:

Loreeb-She is adorable!! My DD, Autumn, Just learned how to roll over from her tummy to her back. Its so cute, she gets all excited, like WHOA!