Low calorie snack

Options
Looking for low calorie snack & meal ideas

Replies

• dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What’s considered low cal to you? I like carrots (not baby carrots, I like to cut my own) or bake a pita bread until it’s crispy and red pepper hummus, cottage cheese, apples (sometimes w pb if I can “afford” the cals), yogurt .. you can basically eat whatever you want just stay within your calorie goal.
  • Shawna2788
    Shawna2788 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What’s considered low cal to you? I like carrots (not baby carrots, I like to cut my own) or bake a pita bread until it’s crispy and red pepper hummus, cottage cheese, apples (sometimes w pb if I can “afford” the cals), yogurt .. you can basically eat whatever you want just stay within your calorie goal.

My goal is 1512 a day. So im looking for different items to fit within that goal theoughout the day. I am just starting off with counting calories so it is all new to me. I work third shift so i tend to snack throughout the night.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    1. Fresh cut veggies, all types, all colors. If you have to have a dip, get a light ranch dressing and thin it with non-fat milk. Different textures are important; I'll nosh on grape tomatoes and a leaf of romaine.
    2. Half a granny smith apple and a babybel sharp cheddar.
    3. 12 almonds. Count 'em out, chew one by one.
    4. Stick pretzels. Count 'em into servings and put in little snack ziplocs. Have some sort of protein with it; I like string cheese.
    5. Beef jerky. Or any kind of jerky.

Plan, plan, plan, and be prepared, or you'll just run thru the fridge or snack machine. Avoid anything with refined sugar, it will just make you hungrier sooner.

Figure out what snacks you want to have during your shift, and pre-log, so you have a plan to follow.

I'd advocate fruit, but I'm counting carbs now along with cals, and there's a lot of carbs in fruit!

FYI, my daily total is 1450 a day.

Good luck, hope this helps!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    String cheese, sugar free jello or fruit cups, actual fruit (half an apple or pear usually), rice cakes or light rye cracker/crispbread things with laughing cow cheese spread, can use the fruit kinds if in the mood for sweet.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Small slice of pizza or chicken breast.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Dry air microwaved popped popcorn (no sugar or butter)
    Melon
    Cucumber and celery
    Fresh figs
    Tomatoes