Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Will I get my butt back?

I've lost 40 lbs since January, I'm about at my goal weight and looking at maintenance. My question is, will I get any of my boobs and butt back? I lost the weight for health reasons, and I know I'm healthier. But I'd still like some curve. I do lift, kettlebells, squats, etc. Hoping this flattening is just from the weight loss and the curves come back with more exercise and maintenance?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Unfortunately, we can't chose where we gain or lose fat. It is possible to build muscle in the glutes - eating at maintenance or above following a progressive resistance program. As for the breasts, if you are genetically predisposed to gaining there, otherwise, no.
  • mowgwan
    mowgwan Posts: 7 Member
    Stacey0444 I know how you feel. After significant weight loss it has been an adjustment too the lack of curves. I have found after 2 months of exercise with weights my butt is coming back. Unfortunately the only things that helps with boobs is a push-up bra. I have never had to use them before, but it helps make clothes look right and give the curves up top.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    ^^^^ What he said!
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    As some of the other members said, the strong curves program is great. If you're on the fence about it, go ahead and check out the author Brett. He has a website and there's a lot of good information on there too! You don't have to buy his book to be impressed. Good luck girl!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I did. But I lifted and gained weight. On purpose.
  • KateGymBunny
    KateGymBunny Posts: 52 Member
    I'm going to have to go and get this book, this is about the 8th recommendation it's had and not just on here.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    @username765 you can not go wrong with anything from him (and, no - I do not know him and no - I do not get any monetary compensation for anything that anyone buys from him.....). I have suggested the Strong Curves program (which is freely available) to several women. They LOVE it. I don't even bother trying to put together a program for women that are looking for booty gains. I mean, why? It already exists. Now, if they tell me "Oh, I already tried that.....did not like it" then that would be a different story. But, it would be quite the challenge. And, never have heard that. Quite the opposite, in fact.