Classic post - how many calories should I actually be eating?

Options
I'm a 22 year old 5'11" woman and I currently weigh 155 pounds. My goal right now is 140. I calculated my BMR and it says 1559, so could anyone help me figure out how many calories I should be eating per day to lose? I do moderate bodyweight and weight machine workouts 3 times a week and Pilates. Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you put your stats in to MFP and got their recommendation? I'd start with that for 4-6 weeks and adjust accordingly...
  • Kwoconnor
    Kwoconnor Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I took my BMI and used that as my calories and I work out six days a week. Weight is lowest ever and 58% lean muscle mass although I'm 5.8"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    Your GOAL setting on this site should be set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week," because you don't have a lot to lose and you cannot afford (Inutritionally) to cut calories lower than that.

So. Eat what the tool tells you, focus on getting all your protein and fats in. Consider protein and fat as a minimum goal to hit.

Then when you do some deliberate exercise, enter that into your Exercise page and eat some more (whatever it tells you) to fuel that additional energy expenditure. Keep good records for at least a month before making any changes, and when/if you need to make adjustments, make them small ones - otherwise you won't know what works.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat above your BMR but below your TDEE. Personally I would suggest putting your info into MFP with a half lb goal per week and trying what they suggest to start.