HRM & Strap (I know its been asked alot) Pls Read

Options
Ok i know alot of people ask this question on what one is good? but my main question is, Is a chest strap uncomfortable or inconvient? I was going to get one without but read some things on here & people said they are horrible & inaccurate. I am saving up money to buy one in the next few weeks & want to get the best for my money. I normally just do inside activities.

Replies

• 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have one that came with my Garmin FR60. I slip it under my bra band and completely forget it's there. Not uncomfortable, not an inconvenience. I don't normally wear a watch, so that bothers me alot more than the chest strap.
  • giraffe59
    Options
    I have used one for 10 years and love it. It is far more accurate than machines that use parameters and height, weight, BMI assumptions. Your body's heart beat is always more accurate. The strap is not uncomfortable at all- I forget I have it on- theyse are made originally for runner and designed to nor create blisters etc. The straps are adjustable elastic except for the monitor in the front which is very comfortable. I like them because I can calculate separate from the machine suh as cleaning house, dancing, swimming, walking, biking, hiking, roller blading! They have alarms to keep you in the fat burning zone which is helpful when I am walking with friends and get distracted- if I must exercise at least make it most efficient and best use of my time. They also keep weekly workout diaries and let you know if your workout was in the zone Good luck!~ Love that baby! .
  • GettingThisDone100
    GettingThisDone100 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have one that came with my Garmin FR60. I slip it under my bra band and completely forget it's there. Not uncomfortable, not an inconvenience. I don't normally wear a watch, so that bothers me alot more than the chest strap.

Agreed. I don't even notice it, but the watch does bother me sometimes. I have a Polar not a Garmin, and I have a small wrist so that doesn't help.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. The chest strap is very comfortable for me. I always forget I have it on after I workout.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the info! =]
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    Is the MIO, proform, or sportsline good brands? Im on a budget
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find the chest strap annoying!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. The chest strap is very comfortable for me. I always forget I have it on after I workout.

Same here!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Is the MIO a good brand or proform?

You want to look at Polar.. Either the FT4 or the FT7 should work for just the basics. You want to ideally be spending between 60-100 dollars.. anything less and you'll be disappointed.

Yes a strap is necessary... otherwise you will not get an accurate calorie count. I forget that my strap is on when I workout.. once I even left the gym with it still on.
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    Is the MIO a good brand or proform?

You want to look at Polar.. Either the FT4 or the FT7 should work for just the basics. You want to ideally be spending between 60-100 dollars.. anything less and you'll be disappointed.

Yes a strap is necessary... otherwise you will not get an accurate calorie count. I forget that my strap is on when I workout.. once I even left the gym with it still on.

Thank you so much!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and always forget the chest strap is on. It's fab
  • sweetness48
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I don't even know I'm wearing it. It's super comfortable and stays in place.
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I don't even know I'm wearing it. It's super comfortable and stays in place.

What's the diff from FT7 & FT4?