Eating before/after workout

Options
Would it be okay to eat just a banana before a workout, then have a normal protein packed breakfast after? If I eat a bigger breakfast before a workout, I don't feel so good. My stomach is so sensitive. But then I worry that a banana won't get me through a spinning class. What do you guys think...

Replies

• Lolaandmasonsmommy
    Options
    You're actually supposed to eat before a workout. Something small of course like a banana or yogurt. And wait about 30 mins then workout. You burn more calories when you eat before and it gives you more energy to keep your workout going!! Hope I helped!! :)
  • Lolaandmasonsmommy
    Options
    You're actually supposed to eat before a workout. Something small of course like a banana or yogurt. And wait about 30 mins then workout. You burn more calories when you eat before and it gives you more energy to keep your workout going!! Hope I helped!! :)
  • lauratwigzy
    Options
    I eat a banana before my workout in the morning and it seems to be enough to feel satisfied. After my workout, bigger breakfast after. I think you should be okay.
  • thepinas
    thepinas Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I always eat yogurt or fruit about an hour before my evening workout. I feel that it helps keep me from feeling sick during my workout as I also have a sensitive stomach..
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    Good to know! Thank you for sharing!
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would eat a protien/carb breakfast. Something like oatmeal with protien 1 tbsp of protien powder or a protien bar so you haev something to burn. A banana is not enough.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yeah, you are probably right, I should eat something more. My usual breakfast is 1 egg, 2 egg whites with mushrooms and spinach, with 1 slice of whole wheat toast, and fruit of some kind. That should be a good breakfast prior to a tough workout right? Then maybe wait about an hour and a half, then do my workout, then have like a fruit and protein smoothie after or something. That should work. :smile:
  • Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is a good breakfast, but you don't have to wait an hour and a half. Most food digests within 20 minutes. If you get some cramping then wait a little longer. Otherwise, you are fine.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    That is a good breakfast, but you don't have to wait an hour and a half. Most food digests within 20 minutes. If you get some cramping then wait a little longer. Otherwise, you are fine.

Thank you :wink: