sedentary or lightly active?

Options
I am a stay at home mom that spends most days cleaning and driving daughter to school. Should I choose sedentary or lightly active????????????
Any ideas?
I have been trying to loose weight for a month and have not lost anything yet!
i am 5foot 6 and weigh 142 pounds
thanks

Replies

• ONAMISSION
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom that spends most days cleaning and driving daughter to school. Should I choose sedentary or lightly active????????????
    Any ideas?
    I have been trying to loose weight for a month and have not lost anything yet!
    i am 5foot 6 and weigh 142 pounds
    thanks
  • lexley
    lexley Posts: 35
    Options
    Good question! I'm in the same boat!
  • denyann
    Options
    I had this problem too. I set it at sedentary for the first 3 weeks, and lost weight. The 4th week I changed it to lightly active, because I'm usually cleaning or carrying baby around. I didn't lose that week but on the 5th week I lost 2 pounds.

Me personally, I think the change to lightly active was good for me.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I work from home so I put sedentary. But I sit at a desk and certainly ain't doin cleaning :laugh: :laugh: so your situation is prob much differen't. Interested to see what others say.....
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I asked this question too. I'm way too lazy to enter all of my cleaning and walking to and from class into my workout log, so I put myself as lightly active and figured it would balance. Ends up that I got the same amount of calories per day anyway (1,200) because I think that's the lowest you can eat before your body goes into starvation mode. I hope that made sense:laugh: and helped! :flowerforyou:
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sedentary.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am a housewife right now, and an occaisional sub-teacher. I put sendentary.
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would put lightly active if you are doing cleaning and spending most of your day on your feet and/or walking around the house. I work in customer service and spend most of my day standing at a register with little bits of walking around and I put lightly active