Getting Started...Again

Options
As I started out today with a plan to get fit, as I have many times before, I wonder what is different about this time. Am I more determined, dedicated, resolved that this is what I must do for myself? my family? I need this time to be different because I need to be successful. I am now 48 years old and afraid if I don't do it now I will cross the threshold to unhealthy and unable without serious intervention. I am a big girl (meaning large), but as of now I'm still healthy. I want it to stay that way! I want to feel pretty and sexy again and be active. I want to be able to do cartwheels again! I'm afraid I'd break my wrist if I tried now. I want to put on clothes and not worry about hiding my stomach or back fat. I want to lose weight and not have skin hanging from my body (my absolute biggest fear!!) I am big now, but everything is smooth. I'm praying my body continues to be good to me and that my muscles hold the memory of the dancer I was for 16 years. I will never know for sure unless I see this through. I will work my butt off (literally!!) until I reach my goal of losing 140 pounds. Wow! I never put that in writing before. For some reason, it doesn't scare me this time. I started today walking with a few friends and my daughter. We did a mile. I didn't let my fear that my sciatica would halt me stop me from trying. I didn't use the excuse that I woke up with my period. I went and did what I said I would do. It's a good start!

Replies

• Tucson_Traveler
    Tucson_Traveler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Sounds like you really want to change your lifestyle to a healthier one. I've been at this since April 2016. I've lost 55 pounds and have another 10 to go. I look forward to positive interaction and mutual encouragement!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start, keep making small changes like that, they all add up :smile:
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    when your mindset is right you can achieve anything . i made excuses for 49 yrs! unfortunately i never had a dancers body, ( unless you count the Elephant cake walk :) )and doubt i ever will! but getting fit is my focus for now. As you say putting it in writing gives you a new perspective ,even if it makes it scary and daunting! you are already well on your way to success. good luck...
    135687333.png
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I'm getting back on track as well. Feel free to add me.
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 yrs old and I'm also trying to get my weight under control before I get any older. It seems so much harder after 40, but we can do this! Friend request sent.
  • jkhac
    jkhac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Birthday was Sept 7 and I have been dieting for several years off and on - using calorie count until it closed and changed over to Fitness using it on and off bouncing weight from 210 to 225. Now its time to get serious again and I return to my "Military Diet or Three Day Diet " which I've used for several years starting at 265 lbs. Been at this 220 - 225 plateau for 4 or 5 months and can't seem to get serious -- SO -- this is getting serious at 75 years old and 223 lbs 9/17/17. I know I am writing this to my-self so excuse if it get in the way.
  • Holldee
    Holldee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too, i've been at it for 40 years, to lose, to get fitter!!!!! Starting again today, feeling hopeful and more resolute than i've been in a long time.
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me