Open food logs

Options
It seems like not many people have open food logs. I love to read what other people are eating and it is so hard to find any!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    because some people are rude arrogant ignorant and pick apart everything you eat! IN A BAD WAY!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I'm on maintenance & have been since 2011, so like busyPK, I eat pretty much what I want.
    Yes, I still try to meet my calorie budget, but it's not the end of the world if I exceed it.
    This is a busy time of year for me, so I use the quick add feature when I'm pressed for time. Total for the day should be close, though.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mine is open, feel free to poke around.

176 lbs and in maintenance for context...
  • CMargerum
    CMargerum Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mine is open (at least I think it is). :-) I'm not able to see yours though.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Not had anyone being rude about it. Not sure I would care if they were either!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Mine is open but I'm only logging sporadically -- just to "check in" now and then and monitor my food behaviors.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How do I open mine? Someone said mine is not opened to the public.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nervermind! Just figured it out. Didn't realize you actually have to go to settings to mark open.
  • ladyrkill
    ladyrkill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I love snooping out other peoples food diaries mainly because I am a food blogger and like to see what people enjoy eating but also knowing that others can see what I ate and how well balanced my meals are really helps me keep to my daily food goals.

I completely understand why some people may feel uncomfortable with sharing every detail of their daily menu. For example my food diary today is the worse it has been since I joined because I was eating my emotions and people love to judge others and I kind of wish I could just make the whole day invisible, to myself too!

To anyone who feels like that might be judged for the food they eat just remember that the only person you really need to be held accountable to is you and anyone who decided they have the "right" to judge you can go jump off a cliff!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Mine is open mainly because my RD likes to look through it periodically to make sure I'm sticking to my diet.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. It's pretty sporadic logging lately, but it's open.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The good, the bad, and the ugly is almost always logged. The uglier, the slower to account for it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    because some people are rude arrogant ignorant and pick apart everything you eat! IN A BAD WAY!

This must be a girl thing. Either no-one has done this to me, or I haven't noticed it when they did.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Newbie here, how does one go about viewing someone else's logs?
  • JeromeBarry1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ashley52601 The simplest way is to click on their blue name twice. If their food diary is publicly visible, a green button becomes available inviting you to view their diary.
  • Aniston_T
    Aniston_T Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, feel free to add me. I like getting ideas from others
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @ashley52601 The simplest way is to click on their blue name twice. If their food diary is publicly visible, a green button becomes available inviting you to view their diary.

Thanks, still not working. Wonder if it's because I'm on mobile and not desktop?
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think you have to be "friends" to view someone's food diary?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mine is open and I cook a variety of stuff for supper. You'll find some really long lists of supper ingredients and I don't always record all the seasonings so do give me a holler is you wonder what something is. Cooking is my hobby.

Tonight for supper for instance, we had saag paneer (Indian spinach and fresh cheese) over a spiced rice and sweet potato combo and raita (Indian cucumber yogurt salad) on the side. Last night we had salmon burgers, quick baked beans and corn on the cob. The night before that we had a Sherry-laced Jaegerschnitzel (pork cutlets with a mushroom gravy).