Teachers of mfp

Options
Morning, I'm once again committing to mfp. I teach high school art and my first day back is tomorrow. Looking forward to some structure to encourage me to eat better. Are there other teachers here? How did you make out over the summer?

Replies

• cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work with kindergarten students with behaviour challenges. I only lost 4 lbs over the summer but I had an injured calf and couldn't exercise as much as usual so I am happy I didn't gain. Also I was in school working on my Masters so lots of sitting. My first day back is tomorrow too. I am looking forward to being busier as boredom is a bit of a trigger for me. What subject do you teach?
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Kindergarten teacher no read...
    I sorta teach. My kids home school. I teach every subject except history. History they are on their own with. I don't do boring.
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm an Instructional Assistant in the special education room at my local high school. It was at the end of summer vacation that I realized I needed to start dieting. MFP has helped me keep honest with myself and also gave me the push to keep on track.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @GlassAngyl "don't do boring". I'm a history teacher!!! Lolololol! I hated history class in school, until I actually had a *good* teacher in college, and I switched my major to history! The rest is...history? Lol.
  • kyndahlcareese
    kyndahlcareese Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! Elementary school teacher. Love this app!
  • BusiTeach
    BusiTeach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I teach high school business classes. Feel free to add me as a friend. I became serious about my weight loss journey in January and have lost 67 pounds this year so far. My goal is 100 pounds in 2017. I loved the summer because I was able to spend time (1.5-2 hours a day) at the fitness center and actually have time to plan and prepare nutritious meals. I've been back in school since the middle of August. My time is definitely more structured and busy, but I've continued to find time after school in the evenings for my exercise. Plus, my husband and I enjoy hiking so we take to the woods whenever possible on the weekends.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Middle school at-risk teacher. Summer is better because no one is bringing donuts and home made baked goods to my house and my stress is zero.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Elementary school teacher! I'm getting my masters too!
  • nerdherdshepherd
    Options
    I'm a college prof. Teaching Freshmen chemistry. Summer is when I gain the most. Too hot to workout, and picnics with tasty beverages. I like being back in session. I eat when I'm bored but now I'm never bored. Plus I'm much better at planning dinner cuz if I don't we're eating at 7pm. Fitting exercise in harder, but I'll figure it out.